Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

"Partial NCI Output File" Message - How to get rid of?

Leehound

I am moving Mastercam X9 to a new computer. What a pain it has been.

I have most things back to normal. 

But now when I try and post just "one" operation in my toolpath list I get this error: “Partial NCI output file” It allows me to select yes or no. I have never gotten this before. How can I stop this prompt?

Thanks

Have you tried renaming your NC file. When I have had some issues just "renaming" the NC file has cleared it up. You don't necessarily have to change the name just go to rename and click green check mark. Mastercam treats it as if you actually renamed it. It would at least give you an idea if this is where your problem lies.

Did you copy your config files over from your old machine?

Have you verified that the location you're saving NCI files to actually exists .. and you have read/write privileges ??

Try an experiment

Close Mastercam, rename your config file and restart  Mastercam

It will create a new default config file ..

See if that fixes the problem

Is this the error you're seeing?

If so, it's been in MC for as long as I can remember (15 years?). It's telling you that you have multiple operations with the same nci name and by posting only one of those ops, you're posting a "partial NCI output"...as opposed to posting all ops with the same nci name.

Why haven't you seen it in the past? Did you always give each op it's own nci name? That would eliminate this message from coming up. Perhaps I have convinced you to try A Form Filler to close the message when it comes and you forgot that you set it up...until now when you're setting up a new computer.

partial nci.jpg

• 5 years later...

For Mastercam 2021.

Thought I'd add to this, as I ended up setting up on a new machine and accidentally lost my config file. If you go ijnto {Files==> Configuration==> Toolpaths} dialogue box, there is a "Suppress associativity messages" check box. Check this box and you will never be asked about this again. Whatever works best for your workflow is best. Now you know how to get rid of this warning if you choose to. 

Capdsffsture.PNG

• Thanks 1

Unless you are an expert I would not turn this warning off.

If you do, you will miss warnings you will really wish you knew about,

like deleting geometry that is driving tool paths.

I have been using Mastercam since the early 1990's and would never consider turning associativity warnings off.

They are there for a reason, to warn you that something is wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

A real world, "happened to one of my guys"  example of why you don't turn the warnings off ( or ignore them )

In the course of writing a program he imported his favorite pocket roughing toolpath .

It came in with its old nci filename. 

The file backplots nice and runs through verify correctly. 

He posts it, ignoring (or failing to see ???)  the partial nci warning. 

The main file posts under the correct filename name, his pocket roughing toolpath posts under an old filename as a separate program.

On the floor, a careless operator lets the pocket finishing tool dive into a rough pocket THAT ISN'T ROUGHED YET

because the roughing toolpath is not in the file. The results are a loud bang, a lot of sparks, a wrecked tool and tool holder,  a damaged

spindle and a scrapped part.  

This is also why I set the post dialog set to ASK, otherwise you may miss a "partial nci" warning when you are posting a big file.

• Like 1