Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mass modify toolpaths? and bbox?

Diablo God

Anyone know any tricks to this? You know back in the day like in version 5.0 I think there was a feature in ncutils. Allowing you to highlight operations and changing a feature to them all, like feed rate, or depths. plus if you just got through writing 30 tool paths, and forgot to turn on misc, Would be alot easier then going from one operation to the next clicking away. I am hoping the feature is still there somewhere. I just cant find it.

Is there still a way to do that. I been meaning to ask that for a while. Alot of those old little tricks that where so useful seem to disappear from rev to rev.

Like bbox.dll. I remember craig showing me that one back in version 7. Then it got removed from the chooks. I carry them over but I always wondered why such good features got moved or removed.

Thanks 8)

Jim

quote:

Anyone know any tricks to this? You know back in the day like in version 5.0 I think there was a feature in ncutils

idea.gif

Exists an old way too:

ALt +C EditNCI.dll

quote:

C-Hook Name: EditNCI.dll

Date: November 29, 2000

Programmer: CNC Software, Inc.

Description:

Activates the old EditNCI toolpath editor. Works with .NCI files only.

quote:

The EditNCI C-Hook in Mill and Lathe and the WeditNCI C-Hook in Wire give you tools to modify any ASCII NCI file in Mastercam. You can merge NCI files, transform and rearrange operations, modify parameters, copy operations within NCI files and from one to another, and more. You can also plot operations or entire files directly from the C-Hook.

Note: When you first generate a toolpath, Mastercam creates a binary NCI file. The ASCII NCI file is the editable file. The ASCII NCI file is created when you post the toolpath. Only posted toolpaths appear in the Edit NCI Operations List.

The files for the EditNCI C-Hook are:

¨ Editnci.dll

¨ Editnci.scr

The files for the WeditNCI C-Hook are:

¨ Weditnci.dll

¨ Weditnci.scr

Note: Except for these file differences, use of EditNCI and WeditNCI is the same. Procedures apply equally to both.

To use the EditNCI C-Hook

Press [Alt+C], select Editnci.dll or Weditnci.dll, and choose Open. The Edit NCI dialog box opens.

About the Edit NCI dialog box

The Edit NCI dialog box contains two operations lists, which allows you to open two NCI files at a time. When you open the EditNCI C-Hook, the operations list on the right (List #1) is active.

Note: The operations listed are not those in the current MC9 file; they are the default NCI file (often T.NCI) in the folder defined as the default NCI folder on the Files tab of the System Configuration dialog box.

To open an NCI file for editing, choose File, Open from the Edit NCI dialog box, and select the NCI file you want to edit. To open a second NCI file, enable List #2 and choose a second NCI file.

About the operations lists

The operations listed on the Edit NCI dialog box are all toolpath passes, not just toolpath types as listed in the Operations Manager. For example, rough and finish passes appear as separate operations in the Edit NCI operations list.

Note: Operations flagged for batch processing (as indicated by the clock symbol in Operations Manager) do not appear in the Edit NCI operations list until they have been processed by Batch Manager.

rtfaq.gif