Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

.125 alum. sheet

hoa75nguyen

I do a lot of flat pattern nesting in various thickness (.06 to .25). a lot of times it works to leave .01 by .5 tabs but as Rekd stated it really depends on a lot of other things. the .25 I cut aggressive until part off then finness it a bit to make sure the part does not fly before its time (aerospace work).

• Like 1

I would leave half inch long tabs every half inch at full thickness.

Just kidding, I would be trying to rig up some kind of vacuum fixture and profile complete.  You'd be amazed how affordable a vacuum fixture can be.

• Like 1

+1 to a vacuum fixture. Also try looking into Vilmill, it's a .010 thick heat activated adhesive fabric to help hold small parts in place on vacuum fixtures. In theory you cut through the alum. but not through the fabric underneath. 

double sided tape,  high rpm 1/8 max dia em, ramp down finish size profile to .002 off floor, NO TABS, part will pull off excess frame remaining on tape. easy cleanup with an exacto.  also . I'll go half way, break all edges then finish thru. machined breaks are 1000x prettier than dotco. ^^