Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool management always output H1 and D1

Hi Folks,

Just been dabbling in some post mod work and have had some success reading and searching the Forum. I have finally been stumped so here goes.

We have a new Mori VMC. Great machine with the new CELOS control, which the machinists like.

Problem is it uses tool management so it grabs the offset numbers and loads them into H1 and D1 for all the tools regardless of tool#.

I "hardlined" the initial call in  ptlghg_com with string literals and that works fine. But it (of course) wants to still post the original D# for subsequent G41 calls within the same toolpath (for instance spring passes).

Running it through the debugger it seems the postblock I need to change is  pccdia but I can't figure out what to change (I've tried a couple of things but the closest I got was D1s on every line), or am I barking up the wrong tree....?

Thanks in advance for help

This is how I handled getting #51999 all the time

fmt  "D#" 4 maz_doff    #Mazak Pallet Tech Diameter offset number #added 8/14/2015
 maz_doff = 51999  #modified 8/14/2015
pccdia          #Cutter Compensation
      #Force Dxx#  
       if prv_cc_pos$ <> cc_pos$ & cc_pos$, prv_maz_doff = c9k  ##modified 8/14/2015
       sccomp
       if cc_pos$, maz_doff                                        #modified 8/14/2015

the maz_doff is set earlier int he post to = #51999

So define a new variable and use that in place of maz_doff

Edited by Guest

Thanks JP, it's clock off time here so I will give this a blast in the morning and let you know.

I tried manipulating the 2 lines you did but separately, I'll run it through the debugger when I finish so I can understand better what is happening.

Thanks again

That worked great Mr. Paris.

So just to review, using the variable (rather than forcing with a string literal) allows the modal check in the postblock to do its thing and prevent the extra D1 outputs on subsequent lines...?

Just as a matter of interest, I was going to call my variable

thevariablemrjparisadvisedmetocreatetofixmyoffsecalls_doff but I remembered Ron Branch suggesting a couple of times to people to keep it short and easier to type so I called it force_doff instead.

Thanks again

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

So just to review, using the variable (rather than forcing with a string literal) allows the modal check in the postblock to do its thing and prevent the extra D1 outputs on subsequent lines...?

thevariablemrjparisadvisedmetocreatetofixmyoffsecalls_doff but I remembered Ron Branch suggesting a couple of times to people to keep it short and easier to type so I called it force_doff instead.

Thanks again

Yup, by setting it as a specific variable and checking against the cutter comp condition, you can control the out of the comp call.

It really functions exactly as the pccdia is set up, you're just checking against your variable and outputting that instead of the D value based on the tool number

8 hours ago, nickbe10 said:

Thanks again

Good Call keeping it short. :whistle:

We got a "Demo" machine at a great price. When this came up on installation one of the AEs gave me the "this is how it is now" pitch and my sideways glance caused his mouth to move up at the corners so I was pretty certain we weren't stuck with it. Having said that because it was a demo and there was nothing on the PO about changing this it was more trouble that it was worth at the time to get it changed, things like this also effect the CAR which sends corporate into a tailspin.....so it is what it is unless it causes trouble, which it isn't really.

At a previous shop we had a Toyoda HMC with tool management turned on and you had to be very careful with offset changes and restarts, but this is not an issue with CELOS