Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dual Montior jumping back and fourth

kunfuzed

This used to happen maybe once in a while with X9, where I would click on my OPS manager which I keep on the left screen, and then my Mcam window on the right screen, would aslo jump over to the left screen.  This seems to be happening quite a bit more now in 2017.  Anyone else noticing this?

27 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

Could this be a Primary screen issue? Keep MC on the primary screen (set in screen properties) and OPS and Level managers on secondary and I have no problems.

Hmmm.... sadly that doesn't seem to be my issue.  Right side is my primary, and also the one I run Mcam on.

I'm sure it's got to be some hardware issue... these computers are probably close to 8 years old now... <_<

10 minutes ago, kunfuzed said:

Hmmm.... sadly that doesn't seem to be my issue.  Right side is my primary, and also the one I run Mcam on.

I'm sure it's got to be some hardware issue... these computers are probably close to 8 years old now... <_<

Excuse me you said you were using an abacus to do Mastercam with? :rtfm::rtfm::cry::cry:

• Like 1

Have you upgraded your  video drivers recently

The latest releases of NVIDIA Quadro drivers have been very problematic lately

I running a release from 2015 these days, cause I have nothing but trouble with the newer versions

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, gcode said:

Make sure you run the Nvidia Desktop Manager and run the Setup Wizard

We're running the software, though I don't know that the Wizard has been run properly.  May have to get someone out of IT to do it.  Funny, for 5 to 8 year old machines, they sure do lock them down... lol.

1 minute ago, C^Millman said:

8gb is not enough memory. You need 16gb min I would look into 32gb or 64gb if the system can handle it.

We are working on convincing management to upgrade us... One guy even did a time loss study with help from our reseller.  Most guys have 16g's, but a slower I7 processor.  I got a handed down engineering computer with a faster Xeon, but only 8g's.

I have this problem now with 2017, never had it with previous releases. I even took a video of it and sent it to CNC Software; this was over a year ago and it never got any traction because they couldn't replicate it.

I posted the video below. I run triple monitors, but I trimmed it to two for the video to make it easier to see. It only seems to happen if I click on the ribbon bar or above, so to stop it from following I have to click somewhere below it.

1 hour ago, kunfuzed said:

We are working on convincing management to upgrade us... One guy even did a time loss study with help from our reseller.  Most guys have 16g's, but a slower I7 processor.  I got a handed down engineering computer with a faster Xeon, but only 8g's.

I just ordered a new workstation with the E5-2620 Broadwell CPU, 32 gig RAM, and the brand (spankin'!) new Quadro P2000. Watercooled, too! I am Much Excite. Should be here later this week. Ordered it from Titan Computers. Was spec'ing out a Dell (because corporate, duh) and they didn't offer the P2000 and anything comparable older gen cost an extreme amount for what it was. So I got a better computer for half the cost, and that's how I managed to seal the deal.

• Like 1