Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

buffer for operation comments

I currently have all my vertical mill posts (Mazak, Haas, Fanuc) setup to post sequence numbers only at "operation comments" using the pcomment2 block

pcomment2       #Output Comment from manual entry
      scomm$ = ucase (scomm$)
      if gcode$ = 1005, sopen_prn, scomm$, sclose_prn, e$  #Manual entry - as comment
      if gcode$ = 1006, scomm$, e$                         #Manual entry - as code
      if gcode$ = 1007, sopen_prn, scomm$, sclose_prn      #Manual entry - as comment with move NO e$
      if gcode$ = 1026, scomm$                             #Manual entry - as code with move NO e$
      if gcode$ = 1008, n$, sopen_prn, no_spc$, scomm$, no_spc$, sclose_prn, e$  #Operation comment
      if gcode$ = 1051, sopen_prn, scomm$, sclose_prn, e$  #Machine name
      if gcode$ = 1052, sopen_prn, scomm$, sclose_prn, e$  #Group comment
      if gcode$ = 1053, sopen_prn, scomm$, sclose_prn, e$  #Group name
      if gcode$ = 1054, sopen_prn, scomm$, sclose_prn, e$  #File Descriptor

this is the only place that sequence numbers are in my programs

ex:

N10 (SKIM FACE OF STOCK, +.002 FOR FLY CUTTER)
T01 M06 (1.5 FACE MILL | H01)
G00 G90 G56 X16.025 Y-2.1249 S3500 M03
Z2. T6

I always put comments on every single operation, this way the operators not only know whats going on in every section of the program, but can quickly search and start at the relevant section.

however, i would like to create, if possible, a buffer which sends all of these comments with their sequence numbers to a .txt file that i can print out as a reference with the job setup paperwork.

Is this going to be more complicated than its worth?

• Like 1

If you do want to do the .txt file thing, creating a sub file isn't too hard. Check out the subout function in the MP Doc. There are pros and cons to both active reports and using the post to create setup sheets. I work with a lot of older gentlemen that hate the fancy stuff. Once I dumbed down the active sheet up sheets to their liking I was basically looking at a .txt file.