Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2D Dynamic entry point

DavidB

• 4 years later...
9 hours ago, bd41612 said:

Circle mill and be done with it.

in regards to returning to center for a T-Slot cutter or woodruff cutter I would agree and would just use circle mill and make it simple

just simply use the finishing page with circle mill and turn on leadin/out with like 90 deg entry arc sweep along with start/end at center checked. 

results.png

10 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

I'm undercutting with Dynamic 2D so the tool should be positioned at the center of a hole at the end. Can it be done? (toolpath editor is not an option)

image.png.05ea4236c4c07e20d5f23ddc9050d209.png

I think this is a case where pocket would be ideal rather than dynamic, since you can control the stepover and lead in precisely,

pocket lead-in.mcam

I used pocket for cutting undercuts for potting inserts for years, it works great, very fast.

3 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

How do you prevent excessive air cutting with circle mill / pocket (True spiral) ? It always starts roughing from the center.

Air cutting may be ok for small batches, but it is not ok here for production code.

Pocket true spiral would need 2 nested pocket boundaries, an inner and outer circle,

circle mill lacks fundamental functionality like roughing only/finishing only and nested pocket boundaries, it is limited in that sense,