Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Moving a circle

So not a Guru

Offset the line the amount you want? Draw a line perpendicular to the line then offset it to give you the amount along tangent? Plane normal to the line dynamic Xform? Create points segments the amount you want to move it if line if big enough? If not Trim extend line to make longer then used point segments the distance? Might could think of many other ways those are just ff the top of my head quick like.

39 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

I needed the circle's circumference to be on the line. Ron's suggestion worked

Could you post a finished pic. Trying to picture in my head what you wanted and how you got there using what Ron said. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Ocean Lacky™ said:

Capture1.PNG

Create Arc Tangent/ Tangent Centerline works too.

Thanks. the fastest way I figured out was to create a line parallel to the angle line tangent to the circle. You can pick the edge of the circle as your offset distance no need to figure out anything. Then create a line between the two parallel lines measure and move the distance.

Capture.PNG.9ca9cb2d667619f3efad1905d593bc26.PNG

Thanks for the post. Always learning.

I was in High School 10th grade year taking Geometry and Trigonometry. Teacher would let me teach the class since I was the only student grasping the subject. Half was through the year he hands me a book Analytical Geometry and says "I don't want to see you for the rest of the year just go to your other school." I was going to Voc-Tech taking Machine shop about 20 miles away. I asked him why and he said, "I am going to start over from page one and you already know this so you got an A for the rest of the year"

Geometry is just some basic shapes and rules and always many ways to get an answer.

• Like 3