Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma .lib Autoload files

I have been searching around for information on this for a few hours now. I feel like I keep coming close but I can't find the right info so I am hoping you guys can help me out. I have changed a few things, added a few things, and removed a few things from the library programs in an Okuma OSP-P200 HMC. At some point, I did something to where now the autoload library isn't loading the files when the machine starts. I have to go in and manually load the .lib files each time I restart. I also have been getting an error (see attached image) related to ochng, a file that I am not using anymore. How do I update the autoload library function? Also, I'm really new to Okuma and would love if anyone could point me in a direction of better documentation than what came with the machine. Thanks,

20170607_090737[2].jpg

3 hours ago, C^Millman said:

Did you call you local Machine Tool Rep's service or applications department?

Sorry best I got.

Yeah, in short, he hasn't been able to answer my question.

1 hour ago, YoDoug® said:

Error 5262 says that that file is already registered when the control is trying to register it. Do you have that OCHG macro in multiple .LIB files. If so that is most likely your issue. 

I might, I compiled a catch all .lib. I thought I removed the OCHG but maybe I left something in there on accident. I'll look into that. It should still load my other .libs, right?

short of sharing your machine online I would suggest your machine tool supplier or Okuma help line. I believe Hartwig is in your area. Jay is pretty good. I think he was a apps guy from Okuma.

And when you solve this one please post the fix...I'm interested.

On start-up when reading .LIB file the control goes through all files with .LIB extension and loads the registered O**** programs into the buffer, in alphabetical order by file name. If you have more than one file with .LIB extension that has the same O**** program it will error the second time it reads that O**** name. After it errors it will not continue to read anymore LIB files. Often people will make a Copy of a .LIB file when editing so they have a backup of the original. This is good practice but you should move it to another (Non-MD1 directory) location in the control. The same rules apply to .ssb files when loading main programs. One more note;

1. if you have two files (A.SSB and B.SSB or A.LIB or B.LIB) and both file contain a sub program (OSUB1), the control will always read and load the OSUB1 inside of the A.SUB/A.LIB file first. 

• Like 1