Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool lenght offset in mazak

Haroon

Sir,

I am an avid reader of your magnificent forums, it’s really a great place to learn from the masters…. thank u everybody in advance.

I have a problem with setting up the tool length offset for a Mazak vmc with m32-b mazatrol control, I am using the EIA command page to get G54, 55 and mc 9.1 to generate the tool path. And I am getting the program and the work offset 100%. But I have a problem in getting the tool length offset.??? I am using the same procedure I used on g54, 55…. but the machine keep giving me wrong tool length offset????

i changed the g codes in the program from g43 h1 to g44 h1 and I put the tool length offset in + and still I am getting the same wrong values????? this is the only way I know to set up the tool length offset.

(this is my first time in front of mazak machine and the boss pushing us hard to use mc9.1 & eia on this machine…) any help please….. and sorry for my bad English

Is this scenario?:

+ H1 offset

G54 Z offset puts Z zero to top of part and H1 holds the positive gage length of tool for G43. (should cause tool to be raised up value of offset.)

Or?:

- H1 offset

G54 Z offset is at machine Z zero and H1 holds the negative distance The tool moves to touch top of part with G43.(Causes tool to move distance H1 down)

haroon,

Welcome to the forum.

You are going to use the tool length measurement probe on this machine.

You are also going to use the Mazatrol tool length and tool diameter defaults as well.

Having Mastercam and using the tool diameter and length functions are as simple as changing two machine parameters.

Please do a search within this forum on Mazak or Mazatrol - for these issues have been well covered in the past.

Regards, Jack

Jack is right on the money been a few years now since I had to do this but I would do it this way. I use to write my nc programs complete as sub used by Mazatrol. I however on a VTC-30C PC Fusion 640m used the Mazatrol as my G54 or if I remember correct WCS to postion my parts. I think it really comes down to personal preference and what you feel comfortable with and like using. The G54 fixture offset is a standard format where as the Mazatrol Method is I guess some what off the wall but worked for me.

What does each mean in the book for parameter you should see a explation of each hex decinmal code they are read from right to left on a Mazak to change the parameter you need to type the whole 8 number but with the change if i remember correct you may have to type the allow code for changing parameters something like 1311 on page i can't remember. I am sure Jack or someone else know off hand know they have done it.

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

haroon,

Here they are - but do not use them if your supervisor is unaware or if you do not have the operation manuals with a proper explanation of each parameters function.

Still want to change them?

Make changes then power down control.

Power back up.

Run a fake G54 so as not to crash.

Use an initial level of 2.00", single block, control reset, then check each tool with a 123 block.

If your machine has the MP10 or MP12 Renishaw tool measurement probe, the macros will auto measure diameters & lengths.

If your machine has the mazak plunger style then auto measure will do the lengths only - you will have to mic the diameters and input these values.

All Eia information will be gathered from the Mazatrol Tool Data information screen automatically.

F91 00010000

F92 10100000

F93 00001000

F94 11010100

F95 01000101

I realize that calling people sir is sometimes cultural or meant as a form of respect; Please just call us by our names, as we also do for you. smile.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

We use negative values in the G54 etc... offset in Z and have positive numbers (Gage Length) in the tool offset. The reasoning behind this is that we touch off tools on a common point that never changes then if a tool breaks, I'm not dependant on a surface that may or may not be there anymore having to constantly adjust to bring something in.

JM2C

idea.gif

Place I used to work had about 20 mazak mills. All the way from M1's to fusion640's. It's been too long now, but as I remember it, we had them set up to take dia. from the mazatrol page, and length from eia. Put in dia. comp as diff. from tool standard(wear comp). Had to have the param. set to split the recommended setting. Mazak service people argued it would never work out, but we ran all of them that way for as long as I was there and several years before. Wish I could remember more details for you. Steve

Steve,

I run my machine (M32) off the secondary page using offset 1 thru 16 as tool length comp and offset 17 thru 32 as tool radius comp for years on end.

The method described takes all info from the Mazatrol tool data screen and works very well.

I personally never worked the M1 control, but I have probably worked the rest of them cept for the integrex and variaxis.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack