Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath Group specific stock?

kunfuzed

Not lazy just smart enough to know the current method doesn't make sense. It would make more sense for each toolpath group to have its own stock settings or just automatically use the last created stock model toolpath.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BCW said:

Not lazy just smart enough to know the current method doesn't make sense. It would make more sense for each toolpath group to have its own stock settings or just automatically use the last created stock model toolpath.

I think it really depend on "how" you use toolpath groups

groups_zpsll2ldu4k.png

The very last thing I want is to be carry stock setting on each and every toolpath group

Edited by Guest

Your way too organized for me B)

I see what you mean though regarding each toolpath group having a stock setting. But resorting to the most recent stock model toolpath would work in your situation and probably 90% of situations.

8 minutes ago, BCW said:

Your way too organized for me B)

I see what you mean though regarding each toolpath group having a stock setting. But resorting to the most recent stock model toolpath would work in your situation and probably 90% of situations.

I am thinking that would utterly destroy performance....

A file with too many stock models will bloat to the point it becomes tough to work with the file....

With numerous references back to stock models, I can only imagine how that would work against file performance....large files are already and still an issue....

That would be my main concern

16 hours ago, Leon82 said:

We use a new machine group for each op.

Then you can save an stl or make a solid if you wish.

I have even verified without being in the active group when needed

Way to much work and to many unnecessary machine groups that don't follow each other. And trying follow with STL files. like going back in time. I beleave this is more work then needed.
JM2C

4 hours ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

Way to much work and to many unnecessary machine groups that don't follow each other. And trying follow with STL files. like going back in time. I beleave this is more work then needed.
JM2C

I suppose. Its the way I was shown.

I couldn't handle the warning if you would like to post all tool paths every time though. Lol

Leon82, this is a vary true statement for a lot of folks ( I suppose. Its the way I was shown. ) I see this when I am onsite training in our office online. there are a lot of folks doing a great job getting by. As they were never shown or went to class to learn the how power Mastercam really has. We need to work on changing that for you.

On 6/9/2017 at 7:07 AM, JParis said:

I am thinking that would utterly destroy performance....

A file with too many stock models will bloat to the point it becomes tough to work with the file....

With numerous references back to stock models, I can only imagine how that would work against file performance....large files are already and still an issue....

That would be my main concern

John, sometimes the part forces you in a process of having to use many stock models. Where does the programmer draw the line between the best code possible or the easiest program possible? I don;t like have more than 5 stock models, but when I must have 20 I will have 20 and suffer the process to make the best program possible.

I am only comforted by the fact on the work I do UG and other Software have the same issues so it is not a Mastercam only issue it is a nature of the work we do.

• Like 1