Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Go paperless. Digital setup sheets and tool lists

Programinator

I've kicked it around.  Even setup our server with folders for screenshots, videos and sheets.  I've yet to get a tablet out of the owner to give it a try tho.  I think it could be very beneficial but I also see it being a distraction with the tablets on the floor.

I set this up at a customer a few years ago. For the pilot project we used Cimco NC-Base(Already owned) on a windows tablet, and also setup shortcuts for there ERP, Drawings library, company documents.

Worked well, but after crunching costs it didn't make sense at the time to go with tablets for limited power, function and screen size. In the end we went with a few all in one PC's strategically placed around the shop.

If I was to do it again today, i would look at doing thin clients or having access via mobile friendly web client.

6 hours ago, Codeworx said:

I set this up at a customer a few years ago. For the pilot project we used Cimco NC-Base(Already owned) on a windows tablet, and also setup shortcuts for there ERP, Drawings library, company documents.

Worked well, but after crunching costs it didn't make sense at the time to go with tablets for limited power, function and screen size. In the end we went with a few all in one PC's strategically placed around the shop.

If I was to do it again today, i would look at doing thin clients or having access via mobile friendly web client.

CIMCO MDM now supports a web client. 

Got a computer next to the machine, which can be used to send programs, look at setup sheets and prints, receive probing data, and manage tool inventory.  Most of the time we print out setup sheets and prints anyway so we can check off tools as they're setup, make notes for any desired changes, and stack the sheets in the order we're going to run.  Paper has its advantages.