Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Timing software to read edited code from the floor after editing

Demo8Man

I'm looking for software that will take G code from the floor, after being edited and determine the length of time it should take to run a part. Does Cimco have an add on function? Or? I know that MC will show how much time it takes when I program a part but I want to know how much time it's take once it has been edited on the floor.

CIMCO DNC-Max with NC-Base can track the time a program was remotely requested and saved back to the DNC in the program history time-line.

Even without NC-Base, DNC-Max alone can also send events to an Excel spreadsheet if your program contains DPRINT like commands in specific positions, like close to a M30. 

You can also measure the start time end time using the control internal tracking. BTW, what control? 

29 minutes ago, Watcher said:

CIMCO DNC-Max with NC-Base can track the time a program was remotely requested and saved back to the DNC in the program history time-line.

Even without NC-Base, DNC-Max alone can also send events to an Excel spreadsheet if your program contains DPRINT like commands in specific positions, like close to a M30. 

You can also measure the start time end time using the control internal tracking. BTW, what control? 

Just looking for actual run time of the program. We use a few different types of controls. 

CIMCO Pro editor can give you some basics of of time statistics. but what you really want is MDC so you get real time from the machine. this will be captured to bee seen at a later date.
With NC-Base now you have what watcher talked about. Some folks using MDC with NC-Base will record the time after sent back in the saving of NC file so it can be found by run time as a part of the criteria.

Sample screen shot running in my office now.

cycletime.jpg

9 hours ago, Demo8Man said:

Just looking for actual run time of the program. We use a few different types of controls. 

Send DPRINT like commands to DNC-Max works fine for such cases. One DPRINT at program start another at the end. Both are sent to an spreadsheet along with date and time.  

JM2C 

Another idea is to have two tiny programs in the CNC directory, one is sent to DNC-Max when the program starts to be edited and another when they're done.  Both programs contain DPRINT like commands. You can also pass comments along with the messages, like PN,  DWG no, operator's name... 

It depends on operator's honesty and attention though.