Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiaxis operation feed rate control

Roboter

Hi ,

I am using a Multi axis Project curve Operation to work on the edges of the defines path as shown in diagram. My purpose is to blunt the edges but i Need to reduce the feed rate when its working on the Corners. The Project curve does not have the Option to reduce the feed rate at arcs/Corners. I tried high Speed function but it Shows no change. I tried various settings.

I also tried to make some changes in machine Dynamics but still in vain. Does anyone know any solution to this.

part.PNG

hi,

Help_me i already tried the highfeed function but it doesnt Change anything as well i fail to understand the reason for it.

for tool path Editor as far as i know i would have to manually define each curve and Change the feedrate? But my workpiece is huge and the figure is only a part of it.  

Try the Advanced 5X project curve toolpath instead of the legacy path

On the Utilities paged are several options for Feed Control..

see the attached screen shot

I'm not sure the Surface radius based feed control would work because curves are driving the toolpath

You may need tp trim your drive surface so that they are separate surfaces in the areas you wish to slow for.

You can then define these areas as feed control zones

You may also be able to leave your drive surface alone and make small surfaces in the areas you wish to control

This toolpath is not as simple as the legacy project, but much more powerful once you figure out all the opttions

necessary to make it run

feed control.PNG

HI gcode,

Thank you for the suggestion as i mentioned in the post i am already using the Project curve Option and i tried the ''surface radius based feed optimization'' but it did not work and i thought its for the radius or protrusion that are present on the surface. But, i did not try it with the trimming option as you mentioned. Therefore, i shall try that and post the results.

1 hour ago, Greg_J said:

Is it possible to use the check box in the Operations manager - Properties - Tool Settings, under feed calculations - adjust feed on arc move check box? Set a minimum feed?

since this is a 5X toolpath, 99% of the code will be point to point so this method won't work.

hopefully ModuleWorks feed zones can do the job, otherwise, it's Cimco Edit backplot and hours of manual editing

or Vericut Optipath if it's available