Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Data server Fanuc 16i-MB

ATG

HI guys,

Its been a long time since I've posed on here, but I need your help. I've searched and found some info, but not what I need. I have a Kitamura 2xif with a Fanuc 16I-MD. I have a fast board or data server that I can ftp files to. The problem is I cannot run them. I've tried m198 p1003. With no avail. The machine io device is set to 4. Which I believe is the pcmia slot. I'm at a loss right now. Should I be changing the Il device to another number? If so which should it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have  a hot job that needs to be running...

Thanks,

ATG

9 minutes ago, ATG said:

HI guys,

Its been a long time since I've posed on here, but I need your help. I've searched and found some info, but not what I need. I have a Kitamura 2xif with a Fanuc 16I-MD. I have a fast board or data server that I can ftp files to. The problem is I cannot run them. I've tried m198 p1003. With no avail. The machine io device is set to 4. Which I believe is the pcmia slot. I'm at a loss right now. Should I be changing the Il device to another number? If so which should it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have  a hot job that needs to be running...

Thanks,

ATG

Yes you need to change to the Data server port. Been years since I have done it, but you Fanuc Manual should have the number you need. I think it is 18 or 21 but I would need to look it up.

Ok so I've tried 18 which would not let me change it to. said data out of range. Changed it to 21 and I get the same response it sits at the call m198 p1003 and says Memory Start *** fin. It just sits there like its trying to do something, but nothing happens.

I've tried 1,2,3,4,5,and now 21. The manual seems to be no help it tells me how to setup the machine to run the pcmia card slot using channel 4, but nothing about the data server. Sorry for the dumb question, but what does f copy mean. I get to that option under the HDDir softkey, but what ever I try I get Format error.

I've followed the instructions from the thread and I get a blinking LSK that locks up the control when I try to read a file into memory from the data server.  This is with IO set to 5. Really at a loss here not sure what's going on.

I/O needs to be 5. 

Run in "MEM" mode NOT REMOTE and NOT DNC or any other mode.

Main program below

%

O0001(MAIN)

M01

M198 P1234

M01

M30

%

Program In Dataserver;

%

O1234

(BLAH BLAH BLAH)

M99

%

A parameter that may need to be changed is #3404.2 = 1

HTH

The following parameters should be set;

#900.0 = 0 (Dataserver Function is Enabled)

#900.1 = 0 (0 = O Number of the File Name Takes Priority, 1 = O Number of the NC Program Takes Priority).

That's all I can find. If that doesn't work, you're going to need to call FANUC or your Machine Tool Dealer/Builder.