Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Loading files onto a Mori Seiki MSX-853IV control's internal card

Jon @ NOWHERE

Hi guys,

I am trying to load programs to the internal card of our Mori Seiki from my usb drive.  Every program that I have loaded when I try to open it and look at it on the control I get the specified file is an incorrect format error.  I thought it was possible that I just couldn't load from my flash drive but I took a program from the machine memory and punched it to my flash drive and then read that same file from the flash drive onto the internal card and was able to look at it.  I don't know what I am missing but this is starting to make me ill.

Jon

Ok does the program numbers have to be registered somehow? I can take my program and give it the file name of one of the programs already on the internal card.  Doing that allows me to call it using m198.  Any name other than what is already shown in the internal card will give a program not found error.

No, I want to load the subs to the internal card since that main memory is so small, and call them from the main program.  As long as I name my files the same as what has appeared to be "registered" already I can run.  So I can start this project tomorrow now but not being able to leave things named the way I have them already will annoy me to no end.