Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

6 minutes ago, mkd said:

175,000 people aren't wrong :beer:

Nope, just brain washed  :harhar:

In all seriousness, though, I wouldn't have believed it either

Edited by Guest

The SS machines are definitely a cut (or two) above the "old style" Haas machines. We still have a MK 1 Haas with old green screen and it won't hold position at anything much above 60 ipm, even in fairly light cuts. We had two, now its one down one to go.....can't wait to see the back of it. I always have to reprogram if they want to run a job on it that we normally run on something (anything) else......

Haas, without a doubt, has it's place in manufacturing. To deny that is to deny reality. If you live within it's place, they can make you a pile of money. Try to live outside that place and you'll find pain and misery the likes of which are excruciating at best. 

:coffee:

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Haas, without a doubt, has it's place in manufacturing. To deny that is to deny reality. If you live within it's place, they can make you a pile of money. Try to live outside that place and you'll find pain and misery the likes of which are excruciating at best. 

:coffee:

Yup we can't all live in million dollar mansions and drive Rolls Royce,s around now can we LOL . Last 3 shops I have been in all had a Haas , and they all made $$$ . The TL series lathe is a tough machine to live without when doing small parts runs and 2nd op procedures that require CNC work .

On 6/16/2017 at 1:09 PM, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

I just dynamic milled a slot .625" deep, .650" wide, and 3" long with a 3/8" Helical HEV-SR-70375-R.020 in S7 @ HRC57.  This was on a TR160Y trunnion on a Haas VF-3SS.  If you'd asked me two years ago about doing this on a Haas I would have said "No way, it's not rigid enough!"

Nice ! I just switched over to Helical endmills for all my mold finishing. LOVE them so far !!

• Like 1