Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Never Thread Milled Before

tiredtoolmaker

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:29 AM, BrianP. said:

If you don't care about seeing the actual thread in verify just call it an endmill with the correct diameter. Use your thread mill tool path as usual. The only thing you will be lacking is the thread shape in verify. It will look like a hole instead.

Exactly. That's what I did. Just watch your exit and enter on them. I just went from center on the Internal and it worked great.

On 6/30/2017 at 4:57 PM, jfranya said:

Them: Your program scrapped that threadmilled hole.

Me: How did that happen? Was the tool taught properly? (as I'm looking at the tool they setup and find it to be different than the one called out)...This is the wrong tool!

Them: It's the only threadmill I found...

Me: What about these? (as I show them the tools I called out still in the box they came in WITH the job # on them)

Them: Oh. Didn't know we had them...

Me: :wallbash:

omg ! this sounds like my conversation everyday with tools and the setup guys :rtfm:    I feel your pain man

• Like 1

I have a good day when I remember my setup guy/foreman isn't here anymore.  He used to throw that excuse at me all the time.  Only thing was, he was the one who purchased / reordered the tools.  I just spec'd them.  But I suppose that's what happens when you hire a guy with the memory of a goldfish.