Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cannot find Parasolid data in solidworks file???

buck30

I know we are behind the times but we just updated to Solidworks  2016

And we are still running X9 MC.

Used to work fins till I updated Solidworks now I get this error message  " cannot find Parasolid data in solidworks file"

when trying to import Solidworks models.

Old models work fine just new models created in 2016 Solidworks I get this message.

My work around is to save the SLD file to a Parasolid .XT file and it works fine.

Anyone else seen this problem??         Thanks in advance guys.

ok so I not a computer very literate sort

I followed this path       "C:\program files\mcamx9\common\swoksdata\swdocumentmgr.dll"

is the dll correct as I have or do I change it to something????

Sorry for my ignorance here guys.

I can't find any solid data on this, but I'm pretty sure the original release of X9 does not support SW 2016

This support was added in one of the X9 updates.

Check your maintenance date and compare it to the dates required.

X9 download page on Mastercam.com

Make sure you are running the most recent update your sim will allow

I'm pretty sure update 2 or 3 will give you SW2016 support

If you're stuck at X9 or X9 update 1 your going to have to stick with the SW to parasolid to Mastercam routine

you're using now

I emailed QC and they replied that X9 update3 is required to open native SW2016 files

If your sim supports update 3, make sure it's installed

to check, hit ALT V

You must have a maintenance expiration date of November 30, 2015 or later to run this product.

The version number of Mastercam.exe is 18.0.18466.0 .

If it doesn't you're already taking the correct approach

SW2016 to parasolid to X9

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Watcher said:

This should be pinned... 

In this case the problem had nothing to do with unregistered dll's

The problem was the version of Mastercam he was running did not support the version of SolidWorks files he was trying to open

4 hours ago, gcode said:

In this case the problem had nothing to do with unregistered dll's

The problem was the version of Mastercam he was running did not support the version of SolidWorks files he was trying to open

There should be a general thread about it G... Dll issues, the need to have MC on maintenance...

Every time someone don't do a search the new threads start to get big... 

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Asked on the official forum of Mastercam if 2016 solidworks file was the last to be opened in X9 version, and got this answer:

Solidworks 2016 was the last version of Solidworks files that will open in Mastercam X9.

If you have any questions about what non-Mastercam files can be opened by each version of Mastercam, feel free to visit the website linked below:

http://www.mastercam.com/en-us/Support/Technical-Support/Translators

That page provides this information for all versions of Mastercam.

---

so

Solidworks 2017 .sldprt files then needs at least 2018 to to open, it will not help register the dll in that case, if the dll is wrong registered is another topic i guess

So, now i am getting one more good thing to add to the list when we get the new computer we are planning on so the besser wisser IT technical guy who thinks he know it all do not screw up on the specifications!

Hope this helps when some has trouble with this issue anyway, even if the thread got a little longer...