Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath Editor w/ Random Coolant

Frank Caudillo

Hi All,

I'm having weird things happen when editing toolpaths. I've found that when editing simple things like feed rates in a toolpath, Mastercam will then post out coolant offs, turn on a different coolant, then turn it back on, etc. It's directly correlated to the point(s) I've edited. Is this something weird happening to the NCI file when editing a toolpath or is it the post?

Thanks in advance.

Just now, JParis said:

There is a coolant switch in there......typically, if coolant is on, I just leave it set to on

Right, I guess what is happening is the toolpath will have coolant on from the toolpath parameters. I'll then go back in to edit a feedrate at a point with the toolpath editor and without even opening the coolant dialogue box for that point the coolant will be affected. The fix seems to be to open the coolant dialogue for the point I'm editing and then, without making any changes to the coolant (they're all set to "Ignore"), hit the green check and accept the edit. Doing that, I've been able to get clean points without weird coolants. Maybe I'm missing a critical part of the toolpath editor workflow to keep this from happening?

• 2 years later...
On 7/14/2017 at 8:56 AM, Frank Caudillo said:

Right, I guess what is happening is the toolpath will have coolant on from the toolpath parameters. I'll then go back in to edit a feedrate at a point with the toolpath editor and without even opening the coolant dialogue box for that point the coolant will be affected. The fix seems to be to open the coolant dialogue for the point I'm editing and then, without making any changes to the coolant (they're all set to "Ignore"), hit the green check and accept the edit. Doing that, I've been able to get clean points without weird coolants. Maybe I'm missing a critical part of the toolpath editor workflow to keep this from happening?

Frank, I'm having this exact issue on one computer out of six, all running the same 2019 build version of mastercam, all running the same post/machine/control def.  I'm sure you got on with your life, but I'm going to try to solve right now and will post back