Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 Axis Post Processing - August 2017

On 7/24/2017 at 11:51 PM, Colin Gilchrist said:

Hi, sorry, I haven't been ignoring the question, just trying to make sure I give you the correct answer.

I'd have no issue with you making two payments to attend the course. The issue currently is that we've only got 3 students signed up and paid. We normally have a goal of signing up at least 10 students before we run the class. I think August is just a bad month for vacations for a lot of people. I'm considering delaying the course until September, or even October to ensure we get enough students to run the course. We're doing some advertising to see if we can generate some more sign-ups. I'll give it another week, and make the decision at the beginning of August on whether to hold class or postpone it a month. I really would rather not postpone, if at all possible, but the economics of running a small class don't pencil out. For me, it isn't about the money. The question for me is "is the extra money worth not spending time with my wife"? Unfortunately my wife has Multiple Sclerosis, which is a progressive disease. Eventually, she won't be able to walk anymore. I used to think that day would be far away, but as her mobility has gotten worse, I've learned just how precious my time with her is.

Hey Colin, 

Did you get enough registrations for the course? 

Hi Mark,

Yes, we've got 8 people signed up so far. We usually try and get at least 10 students to run the class, but 8 is enough for it to run. Hopefully we'll get another 1-2 people to sign up this week.

I'll be sending out invitation emails later this evening. See you in class tomorrow (Tuesday) evening!

Thanks,

Colin

• 1 month later...

Hi Ryan,

The short answer is "yes". Please email Jessica for more details: [email protected] for information on the self-paced content for Post Processors. 

Do you have previous experience with editing Post Processors? I recommend starting with my Basic Posts Class if you are new to Post editing.

Best regards,

Colin Gilchrist