Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Unlocked post?

tjamscad

I am the general how can I help the shop make money guy.  We have an okuma millac 1000vh that we have been having problems getting mastercam to post out right. We had a guy that worked for us trying to get it correct but he no longer works for us. We went to our Mastercam dealer and they could not get a post to work on our Cincinnatti T35 so we are not asking them for help on this. I have filled out a request through this site for a post. However my question is do we need to have a post created at all? I see all kinds of things about mastercam can be configured with the base posts to do anything, I see you cant do anything and need an unlocked mastercam post to edit. So these are some of the problems we are fighting;

5 axis rotary motion not oreninting correct, 0
Can 3 axis cycle works not G19 correctly
Tilt plane shifting does not work
Rotary curvic for position does not lock head and table (m10,M12)
G43.1 does not come in at right location in program

What is the best direction to go from here?

(Fanuc 30i, 5 axis bridge, 4 ax on head, 5 axis rotary table.) 

Hey tjamscad as Greg mentioned you can edit a post from Mastercam to work with this machine.  When you buy a post you are paying to have a post that you dont have to edit .  If you dont have programming knowledge it might be worth while to purchase as post verse editing it.  Your time might be worth more doing other things rather than learning how to edit a post.  

I know In-House Solutions has a post for this machine and know of a couple of customers in the area that use it.   

If you aren't familiar with how to edit the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post, I've got a class coming up next month that will show you how to do exactly that...

Otherwise, purchasing a post is money well spent. But if you want to learn how to do it yourself, then you should consider taking my class. I will say that In-House makes excellent Posts, so you can't really go wrong either way.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chris Lang In-House Solutions said:

Hey tjamscad as Greg mentioned you can edit a post from Mastercam to work with this machine.  When you buy a post you are paying to have a post that you dont have to edit .  If you dont have programming knowledge it might be worth while to purchase as post verse editing it.  Your time might be worth more doing other things rather than learning how to edit a post.  

I know In-House Solutions has a post for this machine and know of a couple of customers in the area that use it.   

If this already is in exanstance we would gladly pay for it especially if it works. I would love to edit them and work with them myself but we have 3 Mastercam programmers in house that need good posts. Our other programmers use NCL and postworks.

The psb file cannot be edited.  it is an encrypted binary file.

the MCAM-Control and MCAM-MMD can be edited to change some behavior

the pst file can be heavily edited.

In conjunction with the mcam-mmd file it can be edited to output code for any number of 5X fanuc controlled machines. 

However, it's going to be a long hard road if you have no experience with editing mcam posts

Buy post for Mastercam from Postability or In-House and be done with it. Penny wise and $50k dumb not doing so.

What is your shop rate? What does a spindle replacement cost? How much time is wasted not trusting what is posted. In today's manufacturing world with 5 axis not having a good past is asking why are you in business? I sure hope all the programmers have the resume up to date because whoever is making the decision not to purchase the post is doing everything they can to put your company out of business. 

• Like 1
On 7/21/2017 at 3:12 PM, C^Millman said:

Buy post for Mastercam from Postability or In-House and be done with it. Penny wise and $50k dumb not doing so.

What is your shop rate? What does a spindle replacement cost? How much time is wasted not trusting what is posted. In today's manufacturing world with 5 axis not having a good past is asking why are you in business? I sure hope all the programmers have the resume up to date because whoever is making the decision not to purchase the post is doing everything they can to put your company out of business. 

I am waiting to hear back from inhouse. 

• Like 1