Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bore tool animation how is it done?

gary adams

On numerous tooling sights videos demonstrate tools in cut within holes or bores, the stock is translucent and the cutting operation is clear to see with photo clarity. The Heule Tool website is a good example where back chamfer and back bore tools are shown in operation for a clear understanding of how the tool works. How is this done?

9 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Are you asking how the graphical rendering is made? Probably an animation program like Maya.

I would like to have an animation prepared for me to demonstrate the function of a boring tool. A video of the machining op is no good I need to show what happens within the bore since the tool positions for boring once inside a chamber within the bore.

16 minutes ago, Chris Lang In-House Solutions said:

Hey Gary,

A animation from within Mastercam might be possible using machsim but I dont think it will be exactly what your looking for.  If your looking for something similar to the video in the link below (see approximately :30 and beyond then Mastercam will not give you that type of presentation.  

Chris

I have a tool that has an stowed and deployed position like in the video and I would like to convey what happens inside a bore which needs the stock to be translucent also I need to show the movement of the tool mechanism.The software that produced the Heule video would be ideal or someone who can use my solid models to put into a video.

15 hours ago, gary adams said:

I would like to have an animation prepared for me to demonstrate the function of a boring tool. A video of the machining op is no good I need to show what happens within the bore since the tool positions for boring once inside a chamber within the bore.

Is there a reason you need a "custom" animation? Is this an example you want to show to students and/or employees? Why not just find a link to some good animation that already exists and use that? In my classes I'll often get a tooling catalog like Harvey or Sandvik, and use the examples straight from the pages there (while giving credit where credit is due). That way I've got good samples to show, that actually relate to the thing I'm teaching, without having to create a bunch of custom stuff.

7 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Is there a reason you need a "custom" animation? Is this an example you want to show to students and/or employees? Why not just find a link to some good animation that already exists and use that? In my classes I'll often get a tooling catalog like Harvey or Sandvik, and use the examples straight from the pages there (while giving credit where credit is due). That way I've got good samples to show, that actually relate to the thing I'm teaching, without having to create a bunch of custom stuff.

Colin

I have a tool I want sell online a video like this would explain it very nicely.