Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X9 plane manager

Elmer Fudd

In both MC2017 and 18, if you are reselecting geometry for an exisiting toolpath, the Tool plane changes to the operation's

defined tool plane. On my system, Gview does not change.

Once the geometry selection is done, the Toolplane changes back to whatever you had it set at.

The only way you'd know it even happened is if you were watching TP during the selection process.

If you think about it, it only makes sense that it would do that

Just now, cncworker said:

I'll jump in.  I am also using X9 and use planes a lot.  Make sure your toolpaths in the machine groups are all the same.

See attached picture.

WCS.JPG

and if you 4 and 5 axis programming?

3 hours ago, Elmer Fudd said:

Have my planes set for what i'm working on and as soon as i try to set a z depth the wcs and c plane jumps to the top plane. Update cplane.... and reset cplane...... in config is unchecked. What a pain, please help.

I'm baffled

I do not see this behavior in X9 MC2017 or 18 and have absolutely no idea how to cause it, or how to fix it

Everyone using WCS in Aircraft or Rocket Space? If you are moving your parts to the origin you will not experience the same issue. I have a part spread out over 10 Mastercam files and didn't have issues. It was moved to the World Origin and not left in Rocket Space. Last few files I have all the trouble with were left in Rocket Space. I will never make that mistake again no matter how much someone will want to tell me it is fixed these issues have cost me days of time sorting through them all. That lost time is something I am eating out of my pocket how do I charge a customer for these issues? Sorry I just don't feel right passing that on to a customer.

2018 Machine sim and Transform to WCS is not respecting the WCS it is now using the world positions. Was rock solid up until 2018. The Rotations are correct, just not the positions.

51 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

That's a weird one in your video

After you pick the other wcs do you go to the top view to "set" it.   

Kinda misunderstood your question. Normally i would just click where i want the C plane but i "set" it on the plane and it did the same thing.

13 minutes ago, Elmer Fudd said:

No. I work on a horizontal so my WCS and C plane are always different. Another programmer that works on verticals has problems also.

Are you running the final version of X9  (Build date 12/11/2015)