Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Finish indexable ball endmill

I have used Dapra indexable ballnose cutters for finishing since mid 90s. I have found no reason to change......They also keep developing their tools so they have also continually improved.....Everything from aluminum to titanium to tool steel

On 7/27/2017 at 2:27 PM, jlw™ said:

I have had excellent luck out of Iscar and Mitsubishi finish ball ems.

My favorite:

http://www.mitsubishicarbide.net/mmus/enus/end_mills/10000730/

I just got a quote on the Mitsubishi SRF.  I was  little shocked by the price of the insert at $88 each.  but they have a promo where you buy 2 inserts and the body is free so that helps.   I am waiting on a quote from DAPRA. 

48 minutes ago, MIL-TFP-41 said:

Fan of Dapra here also. Recently I tried YG's offering & was pretty impressed. Inserts were much less, but they don't have the variety of bodies that dapra has

http://www.yg1usa.com/feature/prodlist.asp?disp=0-10-20&cat_id=1&pre=HIGH PERFORMANCE&pre2=CARBIDE&sub_id=53&name=i-Xmill

YG-1 does make some pretty decent stuff.  Good prices on taps and solid carbide drills too.

Can anyone explain to why a Mitsubishi Insert is $88 and a Dapra Is $30?  If they last 3 times as long I would understand but I find that hard to believe.  

And to the guys that are running any of these what are you using for a holder?  We currently just use an endmill holder for our indexable tooling. I see Dapra recommends  Shrink fit or a milling chuck.