Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MAZAK NEXUS 510C-II E STOP ALARM

Came in this morning and fired up my machine. I was able to home the machine and jog it to take a fixture off my rotary axis. When I tried to put the new fixture back on I was getting an alarm on my machine and everything is locked up. The alarm is 2 Emergency Stop &0000FFAF. I cannot figure out what the hell is wrong. One minute it was fine the next it is locked up and won't do anything. 

Any help would be appreciated. I am not a mazak guy. I know very little about the control or the machines. Got thrown onto this machine and I am trying to figure everything out but it keeps throwing me curve ball after curve ball. 

20170801_095821.thumb.jpg.934b511e7404d63e42736f617f2af93b.jpg20170801_095829.thumb.jpg.df3b1e5ab1a41b498437134d7a0fba86.jpg

20170801_083205.jpg

That did nothing for me. That's all the mazak tech support had to offer as well. I tried disconnecting the 4 axis as someone in another forum suggested and that didn't work. It's just wild to me that it worked fine this morning. I had to tag some parts and prep another fixture to mount to the rotary and when I came back to the machine it was all locked up with this alarm on it. I looked at the alarm history and the only other thing that had happened was a soft limit alarm on Friday. Nothing else since then. 

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, terribly sorry I never got back to you. I am assuming by this point you have your problem fixed, but I will answer just in case anyone else looks at this. 

CHECK YOUR E-STOPS!

I was 110% Positive that I had not hit any one of the 3 E-Stops on my mill. I knew it for fact. Until I was wrong and found the one by the tool carousel had been hit. I don't know how or why it happened, but it happened and that is what was throwing my alarm. 

So before you go looking like a fool on emastercam asking freshman questions like myself, listen to the kind souls  like @Jaymill who remind you to check to make sure an e-stop isn't tripped. After that it is MF1+MF2+Reset.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2020 at 6:14 AM, pedro pablo said:

HOLA AMIGOS ME  PASO  LO MISMO EN  EL  CENTRO NEXUS   510 DE MAZAK  .NO   SE  COMO   BORRAR   LA  ALRMA  DE  EMRGENCIA   NO   SE  MUVE  PARFA  NADA MF1+MF2+RESET

Hola, supongo que ya lo habrás solucionado, pero a mi me pasaba lo mismo que a ti, por causa de  un error tonto por mi culpa, y es que durante el ultimo día que estuve trabajado con la máquina solté la herramienta para cambiar una broca y apague la máquina. Al día siguiente me salia esa alarma, y es porque la dejé con la llave en modo "herramienta suelta", simplemente he tenido que colocar la llave en "herramienta amarrada" y darle al MF1+MF2+RESET. 

Espero que sirva de solución.

Saludos a todos.

• 1 month later...