Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis help using a trunnion

Jeff2005

8 hours ago, Watcher said:

Jeff, any update from Postability? Did you guys sort this out?

They are working on it.  We did a gotomeeting yesterday. They needed to check some of my settings.   The simulator now matches the code I am posting.  It doesn't match back plot. The simulator is showing the machine would mill straight through the middle of the part, but the backplot isn't showing that move.  I am not sure why this is happening.  

32 minutes ago, Jeff2005 said:

They are working on it.  We did a gotomeeting yesterday. They needed to check some of my settings.   The simulator now matches the code I am posting.  It doesn't match back plot. The simulator is showing the machine would mill straight through the middle of the part, but the backplot isn't showing that move.  I am not sure why this is happening.  

Glad it's working for you and thanks for the heads up. 

That's why it's important to order a post or service from top notch providers. 

Many bean counters believe that cheap labour is the way to go. Then their company spend at least 5x more time than what a expert would take to get everything in order, if they can solve it at all. I know several stories of companies being invoiced for things that were never finished properly. 

That's expensive.

This thread is a good example of how things can change in an eye blink when the right people cross our paths.

2 hours ago, Watcher said:

This thread is a good example of how things can change in an eye blink when the right people cross our paths.

Couldn't say it a better way!  Though I could say, it's not what you know, it's who you know.  Most of us on here can fumble bumble our way through anything to get the job done, but each and every one of us have some skill or ability that we are much better than everyone else at.  I don't know what mine is yet, but someday it'll come out.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, C^Millman said:

but the customer is finally using half of their machines with TCP and Dynamic work planes

It's sad how few people actually understand the power of these functions.  But I'm glad there are people like you out there that able and willing to help people see and implement the usefulness these functions bring.   When money or time presents itself I need to implement TWP into my workflow and post, it would help tremendously with contouring speed/smoothness on 3+2 work.  I'd also like to look into configuring and using TCP and WSEC on a composite type setup.  It would require switching back and forth between H/H and H/T on the machine, but I think it would be hugely helpful for correcting mounting error and whatnot without having to go back to Mastercam.

Also, Jeff, we expect to see some video of you making that setup dance once you get everything sorted out! :thumbsup:

To all that helped solve my problem,

We did the final testing for the 5 axis program.  The test proved the simulator and the program matched.  Also I have a better understanding on how to setup the simulator as well.  I am truly grateful for all of the help.  Thanks again.

Jeff

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Jeff2005 said:

To all that helped solve my problem,

We did the final testing for the 5 axis program.  The test proved the simulator and the program matched.  Also I have a better understanding on how to setup the simulator as well.  I am truly grateful for all of the help.  Thanks again.

Jeff

we want photos of chips being made :)

• Like 3