Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

UnderCut Radius Keyway Surface Tool Paths

CADCAM3D5AXIS

Hello To All

I have been all over some tool paths to try to get this to work and am open to any solutions to this issue.What i have is like a bicycle hub that needs an oddball radius in the top undercut and the bottom undercut ,  the center section is a easy diameter to cut  but i have to use a non standard rad in the corners and i have to drive the surface to cut a non standard radius.

Thus i can not show the hardware Sorry guys . But the blend rad is about .075 and i have a .0625 radius on the insert keyway cutter. Eng, would not change the print to accommodate the tool rad to match the part.   the radius is .075  and the insert is .0625  and this tool cuts the rad on the top and the bottom. I may have to finish the corners on the lathe if i cant get this resolved.   the hub is around 1.625 dia   about 1.3 long and the radius blends to the top and bottom with a .075 rad  at the intersections out to a dia . 

Think of how a bike hub looks or the inside of a car rim with the flanges being the area i am trying to blend to. I was able to do  surface ruff contour  to hog the meat out and surface finish flow line to try to finish to the .075 rad  but i can not get it to drive the surface to size and blend to the dia. Any and all ideas  i will try or at least get me pointed in the right direction.

sorry about the long winded description. But this has been cumbersome to say the least.

MC 2018 is what i have been trying. I made surfaces to try to get it to work cuz the top and bottom are not round like a wheel but the tool path i am looking for can cut air  if it gives me the corner rad surface and i have control to feed in and depth of cut to get a nice blend or at least a ruff and finish pass to cut out the meat. Of course its r&d  with only 1 pc.

Thanks In Advance to all .

CADCAM

:rant::wallbash:

• Sad 1

Ron & Jay

here is a type of part i am trying to do the work on. i could not get the settings to work since this is time sensitive and it is at this point like trying to learn Chinese in 10 minutes . If you guys have some time to put a few paths to this feature I would appreciate it then i can review the settings that you default with and learn a LOT Faster from what works verses trying everything in the book to get something  that is a few trial and error weeks ahead. It would be VERY appreciated from Me to Learn From The Resident EXPERTS  so i can fix the errors I create to make these powerful tool paths work for me Like you guys do.

Thank You Very  Much

For Your time .

WHEEL HUB-UNDERCUT-SURF.mcam

3 minutes ago, CADCAM3D5AXIS said:

Hi Ron  

just tried to dwnld the file but its blocked on our end so i can not get to it from here???

I can try when i get home tonight  but not now do to IT Gods!

TIA

It is a dropbox link. I try keeping my file on here down. I have about 75 things linked to the emastercam folder on my dropbox account for sharing to others without eating up space on here.

Shoot me an email: [email protected] and I will be glad to email you the file.