Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Plane

snguyen6

I have question about the plane ,I am using MC 2017 when I write the program for 4 operation parts  each operation I created a different plane call op# 1 ,op # 2 , op # 3 , op# 4 .

on the plane  parametter all my 3 planes (  working coordinate system / Tool plane and construction plane ) the all automatic change every time I switch the the plane that I want to work on . But on my coworker system it does not , only the first box which" work coordinate system" is showed the new plane name and the other 2 box grey out which causing problem when he post out the NC. I try to fixed for him but we both unable to find out the problem. I am missing some thing on the setting ? 

Thank you so much

2 hours ago, Leon82 said:

That's cool, some of our parts get rough heat treat and semi finish heat treat and often have the same origin.  This will make is cleaner.

Yes I follow the same process for parts that get about the same thing. Datums are the WCS and then I just give them different ways to pick them up between each operation taking extra stock, fixtures and such into account. Much easier then some random corner and then try to track it all back to what goes where and when.