Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Current best computer choices for Mastercam

medaq

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, adlice said:

Thank you very much for your answer, but I still want to buy a new laptop. I saw in this article that the new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 is also very cheap. What do you think?

https://pc4u.org/best-laptop-under-500-dollars/

Intel UHD Graphics 620

I wouldn't try to run Mastercam on that.  You might be ok for very simple, entry-level wireframe two and a half axis stuff.

If you do not want to buy a true workstation grade laptop, buy a gaming laptop with a GeForce video card.

You will have nothing but trouble with Intel graphics.

In theory, AMD cards are supported, but I would avoid them as they can be very troublesome.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...
On 10/9/2018 at 12:38 PM, gcode said:

If you do not want to buy a true workstation grade laptop, buy a gaming laptop with a GeForce video card.

You will have nothing but trouble with Intel graphics.

In theory, AMD cards are supported, but I would avoid them as they can be very troublesome.

54 minutes ago, williamhmmm said:

To purchase a genuine workstation grade PC, purchase a gaming PC with a GeForce video card.

You will experience only difficulty with Intel illustrations.

In principle, AMD cards are upheld, yet I would keep away from them as they can be exceptionally problematic.

That's not really accurate, there were some botched intel graphics, but afaik in 2022 its working fine, I use a laptop with intel graphics for travel and mastercam.

I use the hp pavilion with gtx1660 and i5 with ssd 1 terrabyte, only cost me 600 cad I think.

for twice the money, you can get the i7 as well

the intel laptop was also hp

You would need to make sure the card supports the minimum requirements

OpenGL 3.2 and OpenCL 1.2 support with 1 GB memory. No onboard graphics.

that version of opengl is actually a bit old and intel has updated their opencl stuff as well