Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x9 Toolpaths disappearing during re-organizing

Mark K Smith

Frustrating problem using X9.  In attempting to re-organize my existing toolpath groups and machine groups the vast majority of my toolpaths themselves just disappeared.  The Toolpath groups are still there with correct titles but NO toolpaths are in them.  I was just adding a new machine group and then moved it to be before the current top group and boom.....no more toolpaths left in that machine group.  I immediately exited without saving and tried to recover to a state before the loss but no backup existed and autosave had done it's damage.  I had been using auto save with no backup.  Lesson learned.....I changed to get rid of autosave and now automatically have a backup file every time I save.  Not the first time I've had unrecoverable problems when "editing" things in operations manager.  Best to manually remember to save and to do so BEFORE attempting any "editing".  Bottom line is you execute a perfect plan steps 1-10 and never go back to change or shuffle things and you don't often have problems.  Try to "edit" after the fact and the wheels can come off the bus more often than desirable.

I have had the disappearing toolpaths and groups when re-arranging on the OP's manager.....shut down and restart is all that will fix it when it happen

Autosave has bitten so many of us in the past, many don't use it.....I use backup and save and save often