Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

huge file

duckdogers

just got 2018 installed yesterday.I pulled up an X9 file which was 8MG and 2018 turned it to 80 meg The original file was catia not sure if that means any thing.The file is now huge(to our standards) .Is it some setting in 2018 that's making the file big that we can change Thanks in advance

stock models can grow a file in a hurry

my current project.. a 5axis impeller with walls 12" high

it starts as a 4200 pound steel forging and finishes at 1100 pounds

my finish operation file is nearly done ....  360 operations ..  file size is 720mg

Its very strange too

Yesterday morning it was taking almost a minute to open a Moduleworks operation

and another minute to close it

At some point something snapped and now they open and close in seconds

I wish I knew how I did that for the next time things slow down

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gcode said:

Yesterday morning it was taking almost a minute to open a Moduleworks operation

and another minute to close it

At some point something snapped and now they open and close in seconds

I wish I knew how I did that for the next time things slow down

I have this everyday, all day after a few hours of a session being open.   Never been able to figure it out.  Very annoying.  Average time to open moduleworks dialog is about 10 seconds after an hour long session.  I have also found that when opening or closing the dialog it will cause a huge lag in mach sim if that is running.  If mach sim is enhancing the image it will take darn near forever it seems to get moduleworks screen open.

Memory leak. I see it all the time with these toolpath. The second I get the no resource pop up it is about to crash. I can normally save the file before that happens. I have a 2TD scratch drive and Murlin showed me where 50 backups is a good thing. Yes that backup folder gets to be about 60 to 150 gb before I clean it out, but at worst case I lose 24-1/2 hours of work and not 6 or 8 weeks or work.

1 hour ago, C^Millman said:

Memory leak. I see it all the time with these toolpath.

Have you sent anything into QC on this?  I did a while back and they blamed it on integrated graphics.  There seems to be no effect if I fully disable integrated.  I have it set to use hardware, and understand there are a few other things  Only effect that it has is I can't use my dual monitors....  Anyway, I still don't understand why one would need any sort of HW acc for a dialog box, seems there shouldn't be a resource issue when opening them up...  Maybe the integration is such that you have to load the whole app and not just an interface.  I wonder if this is something they could streamline for performance of the entire system.

Now if they DO anything about it is another discussion.

Oh they are working on it. Update 1 release 2 had 2 of my issues all over it.

I just got this issue now and had to force Mastercam shut to use my file. I got the click on the operation and the screen just flutters and nothing happens. When you see this you hit the esc key and you hit the save button. You are done with that session of Mastercam and must restart.