Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Quick question about start block

So I found a thread about probing and was able to test it out today in our own machine.

I used the following to prevent spindle rotation call and would like to add tool 30. It is a cleaning tool and the machine doesn't want to have an m3 or m5 when the spindle air starts

Can I simply add a third one for tool 30? Or would that be sloppy.

In the t32 start block i put a flag with the probe on macro so the retract would output the probe off macro if tool 32 was in the spindle so i can't really use the tool 32 start block

Here is my basic format

if t$ = 32,

[

output your start block with no speed call

Probe on macro , probe on flag

]

else,

[

output your start block with speed

]

in the retract block if the probe on flag is on the probe off macro is output using the if, else argument

Might think about adding a condition statement to the process to help the post do some problem solving if certain things need or not need to happen, but as long as the condition statements have the right logic in them to solve the equation in them then you are good to go.

Need to remember the drilling cycles have stuff going on with MP.dll that takes their process logic and does thing differently than other toolpath types. With them turning on and off stuff must be done a little different than just checking the drillcyc$ is being used. I have found you must use a separate condition to help things along like a mi or mr trigger. Tells me it is all broken and nothing is working like it should, but as long as you know what to look out for then you can solve the problem that really shouldn't be there.

1 hour ago, C^Millman said:

Might think about adding a condition statement to the process to help the post do some problem solving if certain things need or not need to happen, but as long as the condition statements have the right logic in them to solve the equation in them then you are good to go.

Need to remember the drilling cycles have stuff going on with MP.dll that takes their process logic and does thing differently than other toolpath types. With them turning on and off stuff must be done a little different than just checking the drillcyc$ is being used. I have found you must use a separate condition to help things along like a mi or mr trigger. Tells me it is all broken and nothing is working like it should, but as long as you know what to look out for then you can solve the problem that really should be there.

I agree, there should be more conditions met than just the tool number.  I like to name my probe and other special tools, and have the post 'read' the names.  Then apply special conditions to each special tool.

As above, the output is for T30, regardless of the actual tool at that position.

I'll have to read up on how to do that. If I can find it I'll add it in

This machine, these tools aren't removed the probe has an anti rotation lock in the pocket. And tool 31 is the dynavision calibration standard. So we never touch them

Its only me and another guy. And only his one machine has this hsk spindle.

if t$ = 11 | t$ = 30 | | t$ = 31 | t$ = 32,

[ #Do something

]

else,

[

M03, Sxxxx, ect.

]

You can use the "Pipe" character ( | ) as the "Or" Boolean Statement. Just be sure to use the full variable name in each comparison. That would check for 11, 30, 31, and 32.

• Like 2