Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Not show stock models after regeneration.

crazy^millman

This one has bugged me for a while. Can others please join me in requesting that stock models not show after being regenerated if they are turned off to display in the operations manager?

Just spent 10 minutes on a large file turning many of them on to then turn them back off like they were before being regenerated.

Thanks for the 10 or so who are not in O/T and will read this. :unsure:

• Like 1

I use this, always.  I absolutely hate that the toolpaths default to be on.  You can't see crap like that.  Everything else I have used it is only on when you select the path.  I like it this way so I can use arrow keys to move thru and see my paths pop up.  I hate having to turn them off or turn this on every single time.  I want this to be a permanent setting.  If you use this it still shows but the next thing you click makes it go away.  Less effort IMO and the screen clutter is gone without extra clicking.

Capture.png

I just want it to stick forever.

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

I use this, always.  I absolutely hate that the toolpaths default to be on.  You can't see crap like that.  Everything else I have used it is only on when you select the path.  I like it this way so I can use arrow keys to move thru and see my paths pop up.  I hate having to turn them off or turn this on every single time.  I want this to be a permanent setting.  If you use this it still shows but the next thing you click makes it go away.  Less effort IMO and the screen clutter is gone without extra clicking.

Capture.png

I just want it to stick forever.

I also hit the select all button then the bottom left one in between the lock and ghost twice this will turn the all on then off. Then I hit the one in your arrow.

I don't kniw if it's different from previous versions but you can go straight to show only selected and it does the same thing.  I never leave dirty ops and I use the select dirty ops button as a kind of deselect all.  Also, shift click and ctl click work as expected in the ops manager.

Make me wonder what the data collection shows on this function? The users interaction aspect of the software analysis give for feedback about how much time this cost the average programmer? Anyone working with stock models must be seeing what I am seeing. You regernatre a turned off stock model and the software knows better and shwos you the turned off stock modlel. You must then stop your train of thought and cback up and change your method of appraoch and thoughts ot now focus on this stock model that now showing. If you are like amd na some what color blind you leave them all pretty much one colr. Now you have 10 stock models all regentated and since you tree is collapsed you have no way of knowing which one of the 10 was the one you just regenrated well cuaze yo uwere working. Why were you workign on somethign else one might ask. Yo uare workign on somethign else becuase you got better thing to do then just sit around watching paint dry sometiems on the stock modle to regenrate. Now you are 10 minutes into a good programming run and then bam here come all the things toyour screen that are now covering up the work you were just working on. Now you must stop all work and go inthis direction. What is ths idirection one mighyt ask that si the direction that say evern thought you have it runed off the tree collasped to make manging your file proces easier you must not either decide to go back through your tree and uncollaspe all your stock model and now show them. Then you see well all 10 of your stock models are not turned on they are turned off, but yet they are shwoing. What are you think programmer have your lost your mind why are they one I know I turned them off, not programmer you must trun them on and then turn them back off to now have the use of the tool that was overrode for you to make it work like you suspected it to. Whatr do you mean programer you expected this to work differenlty? Yes I go int oa room and I turn on a light swtich and I get light and whne I walk out fo the room I turn off the light. Now I know the light was turned off in that room becuase I go past that room and the light is off. When the light is off in that room I don't give that room much tought anymore and focue on other things. You mena you apply the same logc to your one and off for stock modles. Yes as a programmer I aapply the same logic to fucntiosn of the software. If I have tunred of the lgith I expect the light to stay turned off, but what if your kids are playign tricks on you programmer and have decicded that they will keep turning on the light in the room to play a joke. They will get a way with it for a little bit, but at some point I will catch them and they will be in toruble, You mean off is off anf on is on your brain. Yes amazinlgy so that is my thoughtr provess. So now ehre we are back to programmign this really complex crazy undercut shpe that some engineer has decide you must use a 14.17 gauge length tool with that is in 2 Haimer shrink fit adapters and you are goinjg at 15k rpms 3 times what anyone considers sane and getting it done, but no stop the presses you have a stock modle now in your way to see what your were doing. What is thsi stock model Which one is it? Which operation group is it in? Is it the OP4A #1 Stock model in that Operation group or it the OP4G #6 Stock model in that Operation group?

Sorry folks, but off is off and on and on and the sooner we can have the software respect this functionality that was built into to function that way the easier and less stress it will give me. Last time was the famous Lathe rant of 08 let see what email traffic this one will produce. No I didn't splle check it or grammer check it. You got raw dislliexa and poor use of the english language.

+12 and enjoy your weekend off so of us have work to get done.