Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

#region - endregion

Has any one added this to your existing post?  I kinda like the way it functions and started playing with it a little bit.

It seems to make search significantly slower.

Any way, just curious if any one has taken the time to update your post.

2 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

I use Cimco for my nc files.  I use CodeExpert for posts because of the little extras it does.

Been editing posts so long, doesn't matter :)  I know where what I need is located

Keep in mind that it can skip over the collapsed regions when searching. CTRL + M will open the closed regions.

You can also nest them.

I love not having to scroll up and down constantly when I'm editing.

Also, the auto-complete list with filters is sweet. I rarely have to refer to the Post Documentation when using the pop-up help tips.

51 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Also, the auto-complete list with filters is sweet.

It would be nice if it would auto learn variables.  Or at the very least an XML config file would be a useful enhancement so we could add our own variables and descriptions to the auto-complete list.  It would be even cooler if the custom ones would only pop up if you have initialized them in the post.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, huskermcdoogle said:

It would be nice if it would auto learn variables.  Or at the very least an XML config file would be a useful enhancement so we could add our own variables and descriptions to the auto-complete list.  It would be even cooler if the custom ones would only pop up if you have initialized them in the post.

That's a great enhancement request. You should make it official by emailing '[email protected]' to make the request...

So along those lines I sent a message along for an enhancement request. I added the below to build upon the last idea of using the variable initialization.

Another idea would be if you initialize a variable, it immediately is added to the autocomplete list, and has a description added created based on the comment following the initialization.  If the post has an associated linked *.psb, if it's possible, it would have the ability read them as well, giving the average power user the ability to know what variables have already been defined, or are being used behind the scenes.

I got a response already... this one might gain some traction.

Hi again Nick.
The Post guys got back to me on this and they think it is a great idea.
It may even help THEM out.
Logged as Enhancement Request R-13916

Robert Peirolo | Quality Control 
CNC Software, Inc. | 671 Old Post Road | Tolland, CT 06084 | USA 
Phone: 860.875.5006 | Fax: 860.872.1565 | www.mastercam.com
  • Like 2