Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hass spindle

duckdogers

4 minutes ago, JParis said:

I could be wrong on this but aren't Haas spindles cartridges now like so many others....you just replace the entire unit?

I was thinking the same thing. Send the cartridge to a spindle repair shop and order a new one. Now you have a back for the next time it happens. Yes it will happen again.

Honestly there is more do it then just bearings. The bearing are expensive to purchase.

For our Daewoo VMC we sent the cartridge to SKF in the USA and they do a full analysis of the repair. In the end you get a a detailed report of what was wrong or needed repaired. They balance it with the pulley attached and adjust the belleville washers on the draw-bar.

http://www.skf.com/us/services/spindle-repair-and-rebuild-services/index.html

Good luck!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, mkd said:

Buying a new one outright, is over double the price of exchange service through Haas. i need to have a rebuild on mine soon :-(

AFAIK, it's the original 2002 unit. Been good for 6 years of my light duty/ prototype work.

sorry I should have said exchange through hass