Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Matsuura MX-520 5-axis question

We have a new Matsuura MX-520 5-axis and I have a part with features machined at A0,C0 and then rotates to A-90. C0 and machines some more features and these features at A-90. C0. are off at this location .003 in the Y axis is there a way to move all the features at A-90. C0. .003 in the "Y" axis?

Thanks

In the work offset screen scroll over eih the right arrow until the work error button comes up.

This is the g54.4 active workpiece function.

If your using camplete you should be able to indicate the part and go with the tilting work plane. The nc format they gave you should use Twp and the tpc

3 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

Or your kinematics need to be adjusted

Sounds like this to me. Have you run EZ-5 and checked to see if there is any difference in your 19700 parameters?

Are you running WSEC?

Are you probing the part to find location?

Is the probe calibrated?

Or are you running it old school & setting your work offset at the center of rotation?

A few questions come to mind.  Are you set as perfectly on center as possible?  If so G54.2/G54.4 will likely still be the same 0.003 off because that would seem to be your COR is slightly off.  I personally would set offsets any way if these are critical dimensions.  Your COR parameters may need tweaking.  I like to run a warmup cycle for about an hour before setting COR.

JM2C

The way I do it on a 5axis when using fixture (I don't have to do it when cutting from stock) is:

-Indicate fixture flat (A and C) and input the rotations into G54.4 fields of the program

-indicate XYZ and input the difference from programmed position into G54.4 fields of the program:

Sample:

(SET G54.4 P1 WSEC)
#26010=-0.0002(X)
#26011=0.0029(Y) 
#26012=0.0003(Z) 
#26013=0 (a)
#26014=0 (b - DO NOT USE)
#26015=0 (c)
#26016=0 (A)
#26017=0 (C)

This will populate the right parameters and you're ready to go, assuming your kinematics are correct.

BTW, EZ-5 is a gimmick. Almost useless.

jm2c

4 hours ago, Leon82 said:

We program our machines like this.

54 is set to the 19700... Parameters.

Z is the z height plus the table offset.

If we are using a turned part we indicate it and set xy to that.

Programs are programmed from the face of the table

No need for that with WSEC. Set Zero where ever you want and done.

Mark who trained you on EZ-5? I have seen it sued and it looked like the perfect tool to help someone know real quick if everything was where it should be for running the machine. What have you seen that makes its a gimmick in your eyes? This is a serious question you can PM or email if you like. Thanks.

The part probe and tool probe where just calibrated and the ez-5 was just run, I'm not using CAMplete any more we purchased a new post processor, the part is located pretty close to the center of rotation and I'm using TCPC. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not believe any of the 5-axis machine tool builder's  offer a option where you can shift all features on a given rotation only! It's up to the creativity of the programmer.

Ron,

EZ5 assumes that probe is set perfectly spot on. The biggest problem I seem to see is that TLO (combination of gage length and COR to top of table) is often out of whack, which throws EZ5 out of whack giving you wrong numbers. To be fair, EZ5 will work great if my overall accuracy is about .0020, so it's a very quick and easy way of confirming if the machine wasn't whacked during the previous shift.

When we bought our first 5 axis everything was set supposedly spot on. After we run EZ5 to set parameters, my test part that I programmed for this exact purpose was off (.002+/-).. Needless to say we rechecked lasers, probe and everything else few times but could never get EZ5 to get us close on the test parts.

Matsuura worked hard with us on that one. We ended up using the actual test part to adjust parameters and got it easily to under .0005, which worked for me.

After this, Matsuura applications created their own, a little simper test part together with an easy to use spread sheet that we all can use to adjust the parameters. You run the part, measure it, input the difference in the spread sheet and it gives you the numbers that you need to input in the machine parameters. That simple.

At least that's been my experience.

JM2C 

2 hours ago, ujmujm said:

The part probe and tool probe where just calibrated and the ez-5 was just run, I'm not using CAMplete any more we purchased a new post processor, the part is located pretty close to the center of rotation and I'm using TCPC. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not believe any of the 5-axis machine tool builder's  offer a option where you can shift all features on a given rotation only! It's up to the creativity of the programmer.

I'd strongly recommend going back to Camplete. No other post worked as well and as trouble free as theirs.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mark @ PPG said:

I'd strongly recommend going back to Camplete. No other post worked as well and as trouble free as theirs.

2018 is in Beta and they have fixed a lot of previous issues I was seeing with it. Rock solid stuff from CAMplete. No other Cradle to Grave that I can think of for Mastercam like CAMplete is.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mark @ PPG said:

Ron,

EZ5 assumes that probe is set perfectly spot on. The biggest problem I seem to see is that TLO (combination of gage length and COR to top of table) is often out of whack, which throws EZ5 out of whack giving you wrong numbers. To be fair, EZ5 will work great if my overall accuracy is about .0020, so it's a very quick and easy way of confirming if the machine wasn't whacked during the previous shift.

When we bought our first 5 axis everything was set supposedly spot on. After we run EZ5 to set parameters, my test part that I programmed for this exact purpose was off (.002+/-).. Needless to say we rechecked lasers, probe and everything else few times but could never get EZ5 to get us close on the test parts.

Matsuura worked hard with us on that one. We ended up using the actual test part to adjust parameters and got it easily to under .0005, which worked for me.

After this, Matsuura applications created their own, a little simper test part together with an easy to use spread sheet that we all can use to adjust the parameters. You run the part, measure it, input the difference in the spread sheet and it gives you the numbers that you need to input in the machine parameters. That simple.

At least that's been my experience.

JM2C 

Thank you I have done the same thing on other machines, expect where a laser was used. Every time Laser-Inc has come in and calibrated a machine it has been .0002 so I tell anyone just call them get the machine right and have a good day.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, C^Millman said:

Thank you I have done the same thing on other machines, expect where a laser was used. Every time Laser-Inc has come in and calibrated a machine it has been .0002 so I tell anyone just call them get the machine right and have a good day.

Couldn't agree more. Those guys set up our large Okuma 5axis head/table at one time and they have done a much better job than Okuma themselves, lol.

I think James recommended them to me.