Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill Stock Definition for Lathe Verify?

Spotterhphc

So my shop has recently bought a Mazak Integrex, so with that we purchased a lathe seat. The post/ machine def/control def  are lathe and not mill. The first part I programmed was all mill work, so i was needing the verify to display as a mill stock def and not a round lathe def. I was able to select a model (looks kinda like a boomerang) as the initial stock but when i pulled it up  in verify to check for collisions  it was not ,it displays my part as round and not what i actually need. What can i do, if anything? 

Thanks in advance 

Are you sure in verify options you selected solid stock (or stl/stock model) ?

I ve programmed Integrexes with lathe posts and I have not this issue with verify. Lathe toolpaths will make stock round but mill toolpaths shouldn't. 

Which release are you using (remembering issues with X9)?

The MC2017/2018 you can use a solid model or stl file to define your stock

When doing milling ops, the stock looks like a mill part in verify

When you run lathe files in Verify, Mastercam revolves the milling stock and creates lathe stock that accurately

defines the stock shape you would see if irregular milling stock were revolved in a lathe spindle

To get a wireframe representation of this shape, use the command

Turn Profile and select the Spin option

• Like 1

Turns out that i just needed to use "verify options" to define my stock. I never use that tab except for fixtures. I was using "stock setup" in the machine group. Praise the Good Lord for eMastercam. I have just been using "stock model" for verifying but that seems to cut through the part anytime i have a rotation so really i'm hoping i didn't miss something when i go to post. It's all been great so far. I am using the latest 2017.

On another note, has anyone had postability add G68.2 (Inclined-plane machining ON)? It allows me to set planes anywhere on the part when programming so that while programming my numbers make sense, such as cut depths, then the post shifts XYZ and any rotations needed (from WCS) so when an operator is looking through the code it also makes sense. Example: This drill at this arbitrary angled face is going to cut into that surface -1.0  and not 6.9328. It's nice if it works.  I did add this but when I go to post, it tilts everything fine but the xyz do not match what it needs to be. That being said, it scrapped my first part. .200 off. Anyone else have this problem? Can't seem to get answers from postability,mastercam,mazak,mastercam distributor.  

If i need to start a new thread then let me know. 

Thank everyone