Sign in to follow this  
DavidB

HAAS UMC 750 post

For the guys running a HAAS UMC 750 where did you get your posts from?  Mastercam, your local reseller did it or In-house?

Cheers

I am sure In-House has a post but my preference would be Postability.

• Like 2

Your reseller can offer one from CNC Software as well

Postablity wins hands down in my book...IHS and Mastercam's fall short in the machine simulation realm. 

• Like 2

Postability is that Dave Thomson?

Will postabily sell direct and lock it your your sim or do you still have to go threw your reseller? Reseller will just put his $ on it for doing nothing.

18 hours ago, civiceg said:

Postablity wins hands down in my book...IHS and Mastercam's fall short in the machine simulation realm. 

Who uses MC Machine Simulation

People who don't have a 3rd party simulation software. Which is the majority of people with UMC-750s. 

• Like 2

Dave,

Both Postabilty and Inhouse can link the machine sim to the post if you need that functionality, you will need to go thru either one of the 2 Vic dealers to buy the post.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Greg Williams said:

Dave,

Both Postabilty and Inhouse can link the machine sim to the post if you need that functionality, you will need to go thru either one of the 2 Vic dealers to buy the post.

When I was in Aerospace I bought a post directly from In-house and it was locked to my sim so no one else could use it, why do I now have to go threw my local reseller to by a post made by someone else? Whats the advantage of going threw my local reseller other than they put their mark up on the post?

9 hours ago, DavidB said:

When I was in Aerospace I bought a post directly from Dave and it was locked to my sim so no one else could use it, why do I now have to go threw my local reseller to by a post made by someone else? Whats the advantage of going threw my local reseller other than they put their mark up on the post?

David it is called business and for In-House and Postability to keep their relationships with the dealer they need to work with the dealers. They cannot possibly support all the Mastercam customer worldwide directly so the channel of dealers is needed to make this happen. Machine sim is not supported by CNC Software directly you must go to a 3rd party like Postability or In-House to get that functionality.

• Like 1

I don't use MC mach sim never have I just need a post for the Mill.