Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Changing tool number in MasterCam 2018

jjspur

I have now had multiple instances where after I edit a tool number in MasterCam 2018 it will not recognize the new tool number and posts out the old tool number. The only remedy I have found thus far is pulling a new tool from the tool library and changing the tool number before creating the path. Has anyone else had this issue or am I the only one seeing this.

On 9/8/2017 at 4:57 PM, Neurosis said:

You can also try regenerating the operations after changing the tool number. I've had that work for me in the past.

That's what I do.

And if that still doesn't work, what I do is change it to a bogus number, regen, change it to the number you want and regen again. That always works. ::knock on wood::

9 hours ago, jeff said:

That's what I do.

And if that still doesn't work, what I do is change it to a bogus number, regen, change it to the number you want and regen again. That always works. ::knock on wood::

I never cease to wonder why there is no force regenerate button. Still in 2018.

• Like 1
On 9/15/2017 at 7:18 AM, 3R!< W3NG3R said:

You think changing the tool number should cause a forced regen? 

Based on the fact that the NCI is being updated, yes.  I don't know, but I personally feel any change should force a regen on that standpoint.  But I will agree with all that it is ridiculous to have to regen ops for things that don't change the toolpath motion.  It gets tricky/annoying when you have to regen to make mics ints and reals take when the op doesn't go dirty....

1 hour ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Based on the fact that the NCI is being updated, yes.  I don't know, but I personally feel any change should force a regen on that standpoint.  But I will agree with all that it is ridiculous to have to regen ops for things that don't change the toolpath motion.  It gets tricky/annoying when you have to regen to make mics ints and reals take when the op doesn't go dirty....

I have wasted hours needing to change mi for bias angle on limited Travel 5 Axis machines because the Software is not kinematic aware.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

If Mastercam is failing to update something unless the op is regened, then obviously changing that should mark it dirty.  Changing the tool number SHOULDN'T require regen, but in reality it does.  I've had this bite me before, when after changing the tool number the code will post correctly, but the Vericut interface will pass the old tool number.

• 5 months later...