Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2D Dynamic Mill not regerating

jdkhunter1

Just recently dynamic 2D milling will not regenerate. I sent a zip to go to my local re seller and it worked for them. I would say this is localized to my PC but 3 of us with different PC's had the same results. preview chain looks good, event log says  "completed multi-threaded regeneration of selected operations"  but still shows dirty. did a complete uninstall an reinstall still no go. anyone seen this?  My system is a Dell ,i7-4710MQ, 16 gig ram, Quatro K2100M video card with newest Nvida driver. 

5 minutes ago, jdkhunter1 said:

It ended up being the Min toolpath radius  under Gap size in Cup parameters being too big went from 7.5% to 6.5%. Seems like a bug to me.

Not necessarily....having not seen the part...is it possible that radius size won't allow the tool to fit based on the settings?  I have seen that a fair bit on the "Tech Support" side of things

51 minutes ago, jdkhunter1 said:

It ended up being the Min toolpath radius  under Gap size in Cup parameters being too big went from 7.5% to 6.5%. Seems like a bug to me.

Nope old adage can't fit 50lb of potatoes in a 5lb bag. Same principle here if the tool will not fit then it will not fit. An area for improvement to alert the programmer they are trying the 50lb to 5lb process would be useful. 

• Like 1