Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machining Cloud and CoroPlus

Has anyone tried importing tools from Machining Cloud

https://www.machiningcloud.com/white-papers/

https://www.machiningcloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/MachiningCloud-Mastercam-Connection-White-Paper.pdf

I tried the CoroPlus add-in but couldn't get it working

I think CoroPlus has a really slow broadband connection

I tried to install the off line version and it hung up  creating a huge database

When I tried the online version it was so slow it was  unworkable.

I havn't tried it recently ..  maybe they've upgraded their connection?

I use lots of Sandvik Capto holders and CorPlus would be a huge help if I could get it running

With Machining Cloud, it looks like you build your assembly online, download a zip file, then import the zip file into the tool manager

I'll have to give it a try

59 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

Won't touch it. It has the word "cloud" in it.

why...  their tools are on the cloud .... your data is not

you build a tool online, save the tool assembly as a zip file and import it into your tool manager.

The data transfer is one way, from the cloud to you ...  no different than downloading an install package

or a step file of a Sandvik toolholder or and Ingersoll dxf file of an insert mill.

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, jeff said:

I tried a couple of months ago. The software was SO slow it was painful.

Not to mention that it's near impossible to uninstall it to see if a reinstall would fix it.

I think it would be a nice thing to have, but I'll wait to see if they streamline it.

I had a similar experience with CoroPlus...  I think the internet connection they are using was much too slow to support

what they were trying to do.

I have not tried the Machining Cloud yet

I haven't tried the latest Coroplus (mainly because I everyone I have heard of installing it, finds it a slug). Coroplus is just Adveon renamed (well, that is what I was told).

I've had success with an earlier version (Adveon 1.5.4.56), but I found that a later version (1.5.6.24) didn't work. It didn't seem to be me, as I had the same issue at a customers site as well.

I'm using it to interface with another CAM system that shall not be named ( :) ), and it works perfectly.  I haven't tried it in MC, as I don't really need to.

I haven't tried the machining cloud, though I heard that Adveon/Coroplus was going to be part of that but nothing seems to have eventuated.

It seems like Adveon/Coroplus was released way too early.

2 hours ago, gcode said:

It may work just fine... but cloud apps aren't going to run very well when you service them with a 56K modem

Yeah, Cloud apps to me are, well...ugh. Autodesk is all happy smiley about it, but that's what you get from hipsters :)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tim Johnson said:

I'm surprised that Sandvik is on the machining cloud. I was under the impression the Kennametal owned it.

Sandvik isn't (AFAIK). I read, or was told somewhere, that it was being looked at, but nothing seems to have transpired.

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, Orvie said:

Update on CoroPlus Tool Library.

There was a fee to get access to this through the Mastercam Add-in.

As of today, this is no longer an extra charge.

Contact your reseller to get an access code for free.

I believe "free"  is only good till the end of the year