Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machining Cloud and CoroPlus

Bumping an old thread here

I tried installing CoroPlus here at work last week.

Last time I tried it, it ran so slow it was useless.

We have crazy fast broadband here now so I thought I'd try it again

It installed OK and seems to run OK, but when I try to import a tool I get "Error checking out CoroPlus license"

Posts in this thread from last year indicate the CoroPlus add-in would be a no charge add-in going forward

I have not contacted my dealer yet and my posts on Mastercam.com has received no replies.

Is anyone using this??  is it free ?? If it's not I'll never run it here.

Management is trying to convert to Catia here, and getting  maintenance renewed last summer was a 3 month long death match.

There is no way I will ever get authorization to purchase another Mastercam add-in.

In cloud news ... I installed SW2018 SP3 EV ( evaluation version) over the weekend

It now supports a cloud version of SolidWorks.. I haven't looked into it, and have no plans to try it.

I suspect that at some point, it will no longer be an option, but the only game in town.

SolidWorks also added SolidWorks CAM ( CAMWorks )  in SW2018.   

In SW2018SP3, my seat of SolidWorks Professional includes SolidWorks CAM Professional at no extra charge.

SW CAM Professional includes every toolpath CAMWorks offers with the exception of the Module Works 5X add-in

Last year SW2018 SP1 included a 2.5D lite version of CAM... and they were trying to sell me more.

Now it's a full house seat  at no charge, which leads me to believe it's not selling well.

I haven't spent any time with SW CAM either.

I went to a CAMWorks seminar nearly 20 years ago and I don't think I have ever heard a positive comment on it.

As for Machining Cloud, I use it often. It works well, but it's usefulness is a function of the quality of the tool vendors data base

Yeah .. last year I tried downloading the whole 6 gig database.

24 hours in, I had downloaded 1.5 gig.  I gave up and pulled the plug.

They are supporting it.. the install and what's new files are current, I'm just not sure

if it's worth the time and effort if I'll need to purchase an add-on license

You must request a license through Coro-Plus and then you can use it for free. Yes it is not described in thew process of installing and ignore the question how many seats does your company have. Go to the administration part and then look for list of license then create a request. You are requesting one seat for your use and you are good to go. I don't like the memory hog it is. 16% of my CPU while using it so I will force it closed unless I am using it.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:23 AM, C^Millman said:

Coro-plus is a stand along software and I thought you were getting the error from it not Mastercam.

I'm getting it when I'm in Mastercam's Tool Manager and select Import from CoroPlus

I checked it with my personal Mill Level 3 with Multi-Axis and Lathe sim and it requires and access code. Looks like we have another purchase to make or we can just use it save to a library and then import then old school way. I was never doing it through the tool manager I have always used the stand alone and then imported them in a step or dxf.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I tried too many times to import tool assemblies into Mastercam but rather than the message saying that everything happened OK appears (like in rollout 2018 video), an orange triangle appears with the following error message "No geometry model found for tool item...".

Does anybody know why it is happening? Why am I not allowed to import that assembly?

Note: I tried dozens of assemblies, changing the holder, tool and also inserts. Same result.

Will help me a lot!

Thanks.

Error.thumb.png.f5d6263d2cca84b433a97e33782df31f.png

On 5/23/2018 at 2:29 AM, Kenny Machado said:

Hello everyone,

I tried too many times to import tool assemblies into Mastercam but rather than the message saying that everything happened OK appears (like in rollout 2018 video), an orange triangle appears with the following error message "No geometry model found for tool item...".

Does anybody know why it is happening? Why am I not allowed to import that assembly?

Note: I tried dozens of assemblies, changing the holder, tool and also inserts. Same result.

Will help me a lot!

Thanks.

Error.thumb.png.f5d6263d2cca84b433a97e33782df31f.png

Did you get an access code to use this? If not then because you don't have an access code it will not work. If you do then need to shoot this issue to your reseller who can then push it up the ladder to CNC Software to help you resolve it.