Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Another Inverse Time Thread

Jim at Gentex

Hey all,

I have been tasked to run a retrofitted A/B table on an older Fadal VMC 4020 with the CNC88 control.

I have an In-House post for it and everything seems to be working as it should.

My question involves the inverse time feedrates.

I seem to be getting some huge variations in feed outputs, i.e., the tool crawls in some areas of the toolpath and rips across other areas at a very high federate.

Is there any way to bring that output to more of a happy medium?

I see a Minimum and Maximum Inverse Feedrate setting in the general machine parameters.  At the moment it is set to Minimum = 1000.0 and Maximum = 0.0001.  Will changing those values help me to get closer to a constant federate?

You need to do some math for the Vector lengths for the inverse time. If these are not tuned to what the machine really is you will see these issue. It takes a little work dialing them in, but once you understand where and how to get ti set up correctly you should be able to dial it in. Do some sample parts. Best are normally a Square and a Sphere. Do 5 Axis toolpaths on them and then from there you will be able to see what you need to do. A 1" square and Sphere, then a 5" and then a 10" if it will fit in the travel. Then you time them for each cut using 60" IPM for each cut. Now you can time each cut for each size and then give that feedback to your post builder and go from there.