Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Simulator

DavidB

Hi guys is there a way of getting a machine model for Mastercams machine simulator?

Are these available from somewhere? Are they free or do you have to pay for them?

I' after a HAAS UMC 50 machine model for Mastercams machine simulator. I've never used mastercams machine sim before.

Cheers

44 minutes ago, Zoober said:

We requested both Verticals and Horizontal models from our Makino salesman. Within a week we had both.

Couldn't be happier with them.

No doubt.....from my experience at least Haas direct is less than forthcoming

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:06 AM, JParis said:

I'll be curious to see if David has any issue getting them...

Previously it was like pulling teeth...

Hopefully they've changed..in this day and age they needed to....

Really? All my experience with Haas and models has been stellar. They've been really forthcoming. Mori Seiki? they were terrible. And charge like a wounded bull. It was close to five figures for one model set (we politely declined)

I actually thought DavidB meant a Mastercam Machsim file. Not just the solid models.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, DavidB said:

Ok I received a model from a forum member. Thank you.

When I use it MC machine simulator I can not see anything inside the machine. Is there something I'm missing to be able to see inside the closed door?

Cheers

You can actually make the door an axis, and be able to slide it open and closed. Not usefull, but cool.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DavidB said:

I removed the door from the model

depending on what version you are using, there should be a tab to hid the sheet metal

If all else fails, open up the machine, then find and hide the stl files that represent the sheet metal