Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Cutoff opcode

Hi

Is there a specific opcode or tool_op id for the Lathe Cutoff operation ?

I am helping a mate modify his MPLmaster post and we want to be able to advance the parts catcher along with the change to the slower rpm and feed rate at the specified diameter in the operation.

I was thinking of using the rpm change area of the post along with a on/off misc integer and some logic tying it to the specific "cutoff" operation to achieve this. Hence why I need to know what the specific op id is for the "cutoff" operation.

Thanks

3 hours ago, MrFish said:

Is there a specific opcode or tool_op id for the Lathe Cutoff operation ?

Hi!

I wrote this comment in another post, but seems to be in relevance to what you ask of...

In the download section at Mastercam for registered users  you can download the Mastercam X5 NCI Parameter Reference.pdf and in that file it list the tool ops. Your reseller maybe has a newer updated version.

If I then look in the NCI file in debugger for Definition 1016 and nr 3 output, it tells me the number of the operation which is the Internal toolpath opcode tol_op$ 

-----

Listing from that you should as the 3rd value have your tool_op id, listed as 67 in the nci reference, but you need to verify this yourself as things maybe are different, and try out with care!

HTH.

• Like 1