Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS G187 Pn Ennnn.

Hi guys has anyone got experience with the G187 P E settings for a HAAS UMC 750 SS?

What values are you guys using for good surface finish results?

P= P1 (rough) P2 (medium) P3 (finish)

E= Sets the max corner rounding value 

Cheers Dave

wow no replies yet.

I have no real life experience with this but have done much reading.

sounds like the p value may have to do with ac-dec?

e has to do with accuracy.

I would do some testing on your specific machine as the mass is going to make some difference (heavy parts-fixtures etc). also not all alike machines are the same regarding HSM.

sorry cant help more

I did some testing yesterday on the machine.

Setting 85 corner rounding is set from factory to 0.6mm. Now setting 85 says it controls the accuracy of corners by slowing feed rates down.

Well I cut a rectangle shape at 15,000mm/min at setting 85 to 0.01mm and 1.5mm both ran on the machine exactly the same no change of feed around corners.

I've used the following values with success:

P1 E.005 (roughing with .02 Stock to Leave)

P1 E.02 (roughing with .100 Stock to Leave)

P2 E.002-.01 (semi-fin, generally. 01-.02 Stock)

P3 E.0001-.002 (finish, need to lower Corner Round value to keep tight tolerances)

I've also had some "bad" experiences with it too, so at least be aware of your settings. When using Dynamic Milling, I was roughing a pocket, leaving .02 on the walls. The path gouged at the transition radii between the Cut and the Backfeed move. My setting was P1, and a default setting 85 of .05 Inches. So these settings aren't just "corner rounding". It also adjusts the Acc/Dec profiles, and will allow the tool to "over shoot" the transition point between an Arc and a Line somewhat.

• Like 2