Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anyone here using WinTool?

5 hours ago, specv said:

Mick, We are implementing it here as well, will also be interfacing with Topsolid too.

Ok, I'm going to be interested to hear how you get on with the implementation and interfacing. Please, let me know how it is working out :)

I am looking at doing something like this here (Tooling Database), but I am afraid we may not have enough people resources. It looks like this will be quite laborious up front and need someone dedicated wholly to it for 8-12 months. Is that actually the case?

Also I'm wondering if someone would be willing to share the initial purchase cost of the package. I want to get an idea for budgetary reasons, but don't want a sales guy contacting me all the time :D

As an alternative, I'm thinking of building a spreadsheet to list all our cutting tool assemblies that down the road I can pull the data from to go to something like WinTool.

On 10/10/2017 at 8:15 AM, Mr. M said:

I am looking at doing something like this here (Tooling Database), but I am afraid we may not have enough people resources. It looks like this will be quite laborious up front and need someone dedicated wholly to it for 8-12 months. Is that actually the case?

Also I'm wondering if someone would be willing to share the initial purchase cost of the package. I want to get an idea for budgetary reasons, but don't want a sales guy contacting me all the time :D

As an alternative, I'm thinking of building a spreadsheet to list all our cutting tool assemblies that down the road I can pull the data from to go to something like WinTool.

PM me and we can talk a little. One thing we did is got an intern that is going to school for design/drafting which has been entering all of our data. He worked full time hours this past summer and now working a few hours a night during school. He has cataloged about 1500 items and made about 200 tooling assemblies. We are prepared for about a 1-2 year implementation process with the size of our tool crib and quantity of tools.