Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing Custom Mill Vise

LeechCNC

Hello,

I have a series of mill vises designed in SolidWorks that I would like to implement in my programs for Mastercam.  How would you suggest I define these?  I would like to have a "start part" file where I would open whichever "Start Part" (which would basically be the vise being used) and simply merge the part I wish to machine and orient it to my vise and begin programming from there.  Is there a better way to go about this?  I have a design background where we would create "start parts" to make projects move quickly and I am always thinking in terms of efficiency.  Any input or knowledge of this subject matter would be appreciated!

-Mike

Template files such as you suggest are how you make this happen

You're on the right path....

Just make sure to keep a copy for that time when instead of merging and doing a "Save As" you just hit save

Moved to the Industrial Forum as it's a Mastercam question instead of a machining question

Edited by Guest