Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

import tools in vericut they came in 90degrees off

lowcountrycamo

How are you importing them? The interface is the faster method to do this. You can save a dxf profile and do it that way, but tons more work. What I teach people is to use the interface to setup everything when 1st starting a job. Then make a dummy folder for tools then keep running the interface as you finish you sections. Then you import your new or changed tools into your tls Vericut tools file and then you are good to go. Their method of waiting till the end or redoing your project every time is not efficient. We have requested a better process to do it when you can add tools to your Vericut library, but so far have not seen any traction with that request. 

I will make this fact known I no longer use it as of last month. The customer who had it required as part of their process is no longer a customer of 5th Axis. I switched fully over to NCSIMUL and happy to now be able to stick with it.

I apologize for lack of info.   I am taking over some 5x work from a programmer that just left.  Machine is an Okuma MU4000 BC trunnion. He did not use Vericut, only Mcam's verify.  He drew  all the holders and added a section just above the v-flange that represented the spindle shroud.  He wanted to detect collisions between the spindle and the trunnion when B was at 90+ degrees.  He saved the Caxis table, riser, and vise as fixture.  Therefore, the library he made up in Mcam may not work.  I like what he did with the holders but this is not needed in Vericut.   I am importing the step files through Tool Man.  To fix the 90 degree orientation I opened the .steps in Mcam and rotated them in the front plane. Then they come in correct.  I just don't understand why this is happening.  Same orientation with Haimer and Erickson files.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:55 AM, lowcountrycamo said:

I apologize for lack of info.   I am taking over some 5x work from a programmer that just left.  Machine is an Okuma MU4000 BC trunnion. He did not use Vericut, only Mcam's verify.  He drew  all the holders and added a section just above the v-flange that represented the spindle shroud.  He wanted to detect collisions between the spindle and the trunnion when B was at 90+ degrees.  He saved the Caxis table, riser, and vise as fixture.  Therefore, the library he made up in Mcam may not work.  I like what he did with the holders but this is not needed in Vericut.   I am importing the step files through Tool Man.  To fix the 90 degree orientation I opened the .steps in Mcam and rotated them in the front plane. Then they come in correct.  I just don't understand why this is happening.  Same orientation with Haimer and Erickson files.

Just contact CGTech's technical support. Their support is rock solid, and they will be able to help you out promptly. If, on the very rare chance, you don't get any response, let me know and I will look at it. Your local CGTech representative should be your first port of call though :)